1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Lip-Sync Question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Goooner, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,824
    Just got my plasma yesterday haven't had the chance to set my amp up again yet (had to disconnect everything to get it out of the old TV stand) so I don't know how susceptible I will be to any lip-sync issues.

I know that with the digital inputs I can use something (forget the name but it's advertised on these pages a lot) to delay the sound as I don't think my amp (Pioneer VSX-D2011) does this, don't want to buy a new amp just yet, I'll wait until we get some with the suitable HD input/output.

With analogue audio from Sky or my DVD recorder for instance, what I did with my old TV was run the sound form the L/R audio out on the TV into the amp, so I can still get surround rather than just Nicam stereo.

Would I be right in thinking, that if I did the same with my plasma, I wouln't get any lip-sync because the sound would be exactly what would have come out of the plasma speakers and would presumably be in sync with the picture?

2. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you´re correct. In this case the Plasma corrects the delay and outputs the correct audio..

3. craigae

craigae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I was worried about this, but cannot really notice it with my new plasma. I think you should set everything up before you worry about it too much:)

4. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,824
    Thanks guys, am now all set up. Watched a few parts of different DVDs and thankfully didn't notice any lip-sync problems at all :thumbsup: