1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma / LCD recomendation for IT dept. Monitor

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Yakboy, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Yakboy

Yakboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Folks,

I am at a bit of a loss here. I know a little about the whole Plasma and LCD situation but only for home use. My boss has geared me with the task of finding a plasma/lcd that is suitable for use in an office. It's main function will be to display the phone system stats to show calls waiting etc. Very undemanding indeed and a low resolution is fine, but needs to be run from either VGA D-sub or DVI.

At the same time it would be useful if it had a 'real' computer resolution and was OK with text and plain graphics for showing Visio diagrams and project plans.

Last of all it would be nice if it was OK at movies for those late nights when we are waiting for the exchange server to recover :) but this is far from it's main use, and it certainly doesn't *need speakers.

So basically looking for something that has the following criteria:
    -Driven by VGA or DVI(DMI)
    -Proper resolution (sVGA+)
    -good viewable angle (long room)
    -good for displaying static images without flicker and fuss (burn in may be an issue)
    -No more than £1500

I have had a look at plasma monitors but can't really find anyone who sells only them. I was expecting these to much reduced in price due to lack of tuner, speakers etc.

Not sure whether we should just buy a dirty great big TFT monitor!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom