Plasma Kaput? Please help!

djhopps

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem which has just cropped up on my Panasonic TH42PW4B screen. I've had this screen for around 2.5 years now and have had no problems until now.

All of a sudden whilst watching the screen (and connected to my pc), the picture went crazy (lots of random colours and a garbled display) and ever since then i have been unable to get the screen to clear.

Even with everything disconnected (bar the power lead), this is now seen on all inputs (component/pc/av) whereas there should just be a blank 'black' screen. The 'noise' appears to remain constant in the same 'blocks' of corruption accross the screen. It's now impossible to see any proper image on this screen as it is completely garbled.

Any ideas on what this might be ? could it be the component terminal board or something more serious?

This is the model with BNC Component inputs, s-video, and VGA (i use an external tuner).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, FoX

Will take a picture of the screen problem when i get home, maybe someone will recognize the symptoms? Cheers, FoX.

It's gone tits up by the sound of it :(

The "picture chip" has been quoted to me a few times :(

I'm sure the retailers will help you out.

Not very helpful, I know :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom