Plasma insurance

Kirk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be buying a new Tosh 42" Plasma soon, and I was just wondering what people are doing about taking insurance out on the screens.

I know that if the plasma panel is dropped, falls or just plain fails it can be pretty damn expensive to repair/replace the plasma cells.

The likelihood is that I will be buying from a mail order kind of company and wouldn't be offered or would take an insurance policy out with them.

What are you guys doing to provide a little peace of mind....other than wrapping yer plasma's in cotton wool

;)

Hi

My home insurance is unlimited for contents that are replaceable. So as long as I don't own a Van Gogh original, its unlimited. Nice.

Regards
Andrew

i was thinking about domestic and general they have a website cant remember it though
they cover plasma`s not sure of the details
let me me if you try them

I asked D&G for a quote for my Toshiba Plasma, and at first they quoted £289 for five years, which I thought was pretty good.
However, when I got the paper work it didn't mention Plasma TV at all, and when I phoned them up to make sure it was fine, I was told that their internet quoting system was not setup for Plasma's, and the premium would be £600 for just two years cover. (Three years total including 1st year warranty)
Lets just hope it don't go wrong!!!!

Logos burn on Plasma's also Rear Projection Tv's

Some Insurance bods will not cover Screen burn ,as they say it's
missuse of the Tv ,

This has happened with my Tv with 5 years cover Hugues ,

Beware

600 notes! thats a bit steep.......scratch that....its nearly K2! :eek:

I guess I should speak to my home contents insurance company and see what they say......I guess they would be fine if the Panel was stolen/smashed or whatever, but not to sure what they would be like with a Plasma Panel failure after 2 years life or so...so I guess its more of a Warranty iinsurance thing I need......

mutter mutter grumble ......:mad: missuse my a**e! Don't want the sodding logo's on my screen in the first instance! :rolleyes:

I think if I got screen burn in from Sky and et al's logo's I would want to sue the pants off them.....or at least the cost of repair for my beloved Plasma

:D

Sorry they will say it's missuse ,
When you are watching sky you should turn down the contrast /
brightness on the Tv ? ? , Yes what a nightmare thats what the big bods at Tosh told me , also when I spoke to sky why they have the logos on the screen they said so you Jo Public and see what channel you are on ? ? What a load of S***T ,

Look up on the world wide web for Tv Screen Burn and see what
you find it's not good .

So Beware ? ?

:D

With Plasmas on most home insurance you have to tell them you have it and give them a copy of the recipt for it to be covered.

Do not assume it is automatically covered, normally items over £1,500 or £2,000 have to be specified, that way if you do drop them you are covered.

I have sky = I am an idiot - why? because I can't tell which channel I am on without having a logo on screen!

U know what....I am thinking of going and getting an "L" & "R" logo burned into my eyeballs as well so that I can remember which was I am turning to! :D

Hold me back boys.....I am gonna slap me some sky employee's!:devil:

I've just renewed with Norwich Union, and they just count my plasma as part of the contents - you don't even have to declare it as a single article even though it's over their 1500 limit - apparently that's just for valuables eg paintings.

Unless the person I'm talking to and her manager are wrong in which case I'm in trouble... can anyone else confirm that this is right?

Hi

That's the same sort of thing that Abbey Nat told me, so it sounds like it is the truth! Yippee...

Cheers
Andrew

I m looking to renew my household cover and was told by just about everyone that TV/Audio/Home Cinema equipment is so common now that its no classed as 'high-cost' or valuable goods, just covered by the standard policy, but you should keep anote of the Serial Numbers, Model Numbers and if possible take some photo's just for verification purposes.

I think 'valuables' on covers works of art, jewelery etc. Most companies websites should have the Terms & conditions available as a dowload that should explain it all.

I also asked about the DVD as I now have about 100 and was told as long as I had a list of them all with a value against them. I would be covered.

Keep your spreadsheets up to date !!!!

While on the subject of House insurance

I have just moved into a new house and need some isurance, any-one reccomend a good company, where AV gear is covered as well, any URLS or addresses
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom