Plasma Install

sinbinner

Standard Member
Hi just about to buy my first plasma, After reading various posts I have decided on the PIONEER PDP436 XDE.

I am looking for someone to install and set up the plasma for me(I thing the term is ISF calibration), Does any one know of an installer in the Langley,Berksire area ?

Thanks in advance

MAW

Banned
[email protected] will calibrate it. He does not install. Try your local branch of Richer sounds for an installer, you'll find a guy who doesn't mind working with someone elses kit there. All the bigger installers will want to supply as well. In the end, this might be cheaper, I'd take some time to get quotes if I were you. Buying it cheap off the net, then having someone install it is not the esiest thing if something were to go wrong etc. Also, you can read all the posts you like, but if you have not seen the thing switched on you must be mad to buy it. If it were my 2.5k I think I'd want an hour or more of someone's time to try stuff on it.

sinbinner

Standard Member
Thanks very much for the advise, I have seen the screen at the best of stuff show on Friday and really liked it over my other choice wish was the panny. Is there any one that you know that would quote for supply and install ?

Regards
Ian

MAW

Banned
I would, but not for an XDE, I just know problems are round the corner. Running out of inputs is the usual. I've done a few, nothing but hassle and disappointment. There are a few installers in your neck of the woods, I don't know them at all, they never cross paths with me, one exception to that, but not really relevant to banging a telly on the wall. Future homes, I think we lost out on an install to for being too expensive, a member here had his house taken apart by them, no hard feelings, we quoted high for the known hassle factor, lost to someone who hadn't quite taken that on board! Musical images in Maidenhead are the others that spring to mind, best ring round. Try www.cedia.org for a list of pukka install companies. You'll find no rip off merchants or cowboys, and a fair few who try hard on price. Best of luck.

sinbinner

Standard Member
I will take your advise on ringing around before I buy off the net, You say that you would quote what sort of screen would your quote be on?

MAW

Banned
We sell systems, not screens. What I'd recommend would depend on what other kit you had, as well as what picture you liked, and what other kit you were prepared to buy. If you just want a telly, I'd not be interested at all. There's just no fun in it. We like to get funky, basically. If you want the media box in the loft, I'd be round like a shot! Well, take that with a pinch of salt, but you get the general idea!

sinbinner

Standard Member
Think I understand , Just looked at your home page and noticed you are in Cobham, Do you have a shop there ?

MAW

Banned
No, we have an office. We have demo facilities, Cobham and Thames Ditton though, we are getting off track here, try the cedia guys locally if I were you, if it's just the plasma you want to buy and mount. It'd be more worthwhile for them if you are just round the corner.

Trending threads

Top Bottom