1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma & Home cinama kit

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TeamRS, Jan 28, 2005.

1. TeamRS

TeamRS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, first post for me so be gentle :lease:

I am in the market for a 42in Plasma & home cinema kit. I have decided to go for the Panasonic TH-42PW7 screen. I am also considering the Panasonic SCHT1500 home cinama Kit.

I an some what confused with how this will all connect up. I intend to connect the following.

1, Sky dgi box
    2, DVD / Tuner (supplied with SCHT1500)

Can anyone advise what terminal boards I need for this, and also whats the SCHT1500 like

Many Thanks

Lou :smashin:

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    I have the pw7 with the bnc component board and run sky into my dmr e55 (dvd recorder) and component out of the dvd to the pw7 which means you only need the one connection on the pw7.(you need bnc converters but they are only a few quid each)
    I have the canton cd-1 so cant comment on the home cinema kit you are looking at but you certainly wont regret your choice of screen!

3. TeamRS

TeamRS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks MEP

I had this response from someone.

Most customers tend to use their plasma as a monitor and utilize their HiFi/Home cinema system as a elaborate switching device. This is done by connecting all your equipment to the auxiliary inputs on your AV amplifier unit. You simply use the input selector on the AV amplifier to select which input you want to be displayed on the plasma. All you have connected to your plasma is a monitor lead, which goes from your monitor output terminal on the back of your AV amplifier, typically this would be a composite lead, which the terminal board supports. This way of setup gives you a nice slick solution and reduced remote control action.

This is all new to me :confused: :confused:

Does this mean that just one lead will go from the plasma to the av amp

Cheers

Lou

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if you wan to do this you can some people like to have an input for each source some are happy to let the amp do the switching. try reading this one http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154292

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    I have a yamaha amp which is capable of taking various inputs and only one output to the plasma but I currently achieve the same thing via the dvd recorder. of course some amps do also amplifythe video.