1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma - Hitachi 400 or Panny 6 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by clouseau, Oct 26, 2003.

1. clouseau

clouseau

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:

Hiya all,

All the mags either rave about one or other of these... anyone been able to compare both as I can't find a retailer with both ( and even if I could I am not sure I would get a proper demo - another story..) ?

Also the Hitachi has a res of 1024 x 1024 which is way above the Panny at 852 x 480 but does this matter from DVD and Sky ?

Cheers

2. elan

elan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're opening up a can of worms here!!
    1/3 love the pioneer 1/3 panasonic and 1/3 hitachi

I love the hitachi and to me it has the best picture.
    Even if the hitachi has 2 seperate fields of 512 for Uk tv which is standard def tv upconverting 2 fileds of 288 to 512 is much better then having 1 progressive field of 480. this allows much more detail in the picture.
    In aus we recieve high def 1080i and this is where hitachi panel shines!!
    Side to side I preferred the hitachi - In aus the panasonic is cheaper than the hitachi.
    I do like the hi def panasonic much better than the low def :devil: (sure to inflame the ardent panny supporters)

But in the end its up to u go and look at them and i'm sure you'll love the hitachi - both are good sets

3. gpa

gpa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think Elan said it all really i looked at all three mentioned and in my humble opinion the panny won hands down. If you will be using the plasma as a pc monitor for a lot of your viewing then the hit and pin may be the way to go. You must not buy on advice go and see for yourself, after all this is a lot of money were talking about.

av sales should be able to demo all of these and nexsis i believe is very good