Plasma help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by neal85, Mar 20, 2006.

1. neal85

neal85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all,

i am looking at getting a new tv, and have been looking at all these HD ready models but looking at the pricing of these, is it worth while forking out the extra 200-400 for this feature. at the moment i have a 3 year old toshiba 42" Rear projection tv with my dvd-recorder and xbox 360 running with component through a yamaha rx-357. what i would like to know is, will i notice much difference with playing dvds and games. and can anyone suggest a decent 42" plasma for around £1200 (ceaper if poss)

any suggestions please!!!

2. UKseless1

UKseless1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Neal - if HD is not a bother for you then try the PWD8. Is HD Compatible so will downscale the image it doesn't have the necessary res to comply to HD Ready standard but with an additional HDMI board it will do a very good job of displaying HD.

As for price, AV-Sales seems to be doing a great price on them for £1080 at the moment, very popular panel on the forum.

One thing to note - it is only a panel so you will need freeview or Sky for tv channels and I see you have a 357 for your sound.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    AS above a 42PWD8 will BLOW your MIND PQ wise after an RPTV......... DVD recorder can act as tner or get a sexy Freeview PVR for much better recording options the PWD8 with mount and cables to connect all your kit up should come in under £1200 delivered (2 yr warranty) so enjoy!