1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gpc1, Nov 17, 2004.

1. gpc1

gpc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I have been lingering around the threads for a while trying to ascertain info on a choice of plasmas/LCD. I have a budget of approx £1300 to £1600 and I am absolutely baffled as to what to get.

I am after a 32” as any larger would swamp my room.

My main concern is picture quality with fast moving action i.e. football. I will be watching digital TV via sky or set top box so will the picture be any good.

I have looked at the Hitachi 32pd5200 ( seen it for £1450 ) because the picture was good and it came with speakers, plus it looked very stylish ,but after reading this forum I am now not sure.

Basically… what would you go for in this price bracket. What has the best picture, is it future proof ( within reason), good styling and has all the necessary connections.

From what i can see there are two camps. The hitachi 52/300 camp and the pwd6/7 camp. So whatsthe champ. I have seen the hit5200 for 1450 inc delivery, can anyone beat that or match it with th pwd6/7

Any help is very greatly appreciated as I am completely baffled.
    Greg

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    £1580 + stand is the best I have seen for a usable PWD6 (with SCART input)
    42" looks a lot smaller after having it a week, don't get anything smaller.

3. Todda

Todda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How big is the room?