mainly used for day to day tv and movies

is a plasma better or lcd

thinking of getting the lg 50pq3000

am i making the right choice

is screen burn an issue

or shall i get a lcd LG 47LG5000+Wall Bracket - £738

klythawk

so is the pq3000 PLASMA no good
I'd say it's well worth it, £699 at John Lewis with 5 yr warranty. SD through the
V+ box will give a very good picture. With you not using it for games, IR or screen burn will not be a problem at all. Nip in JL and give the 50" the once over, but it will still look alot better in your own home after you have connected it to your V+ box, and tweaked the settings slightly. Good luck. :smashin:

rav79

Standard Member
I'd say it's well worth it, £699 at John Lewis with 5 yr warranty. SD through the
V+ box will give a very good picture. With you not using it for games, IR or screen burn will not be a problem at all. Nip in JL and give the 50" the once over, but it will still look alot better in your own home after you have connected it to your V+ box, and tweaked the settings slightly. Good luck. :smashin:

thanks klythawk a much more helpful comment then rewerb

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Rav - you have an obvious choice here with your price range. I think £740 will buy you a Panasonic 50" X-10 online. The 5-year guarantee might be a problem though as youd need to buy it in person from a dealer and the price would probably go up a bit so shop around and see what deals you can get.

The X-10 is a nice set and in that price range its the only one I would even consider.

Check the X-10 thread for more advice - Im sure they can help you out and you can read about all the happy people who own one! (Ive got the G-10 but thats out of your price range)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom