Plasma Help Please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by sufs2000, Feb 3, 2009.

1. sufs2000

sufs2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi could anyone suggest a good 50" plasma tv? Im looking to spend between £1000 - £1200. I want something with amazing screen quality, full HD and no motion blur. How do plasma screens generally cope with motion, do they tend to blur? I have been looking at the Samsung PS50A656, it looks great but I just cant decide. Any help would be great :)

Thanks.

2. alffjeld

alffjeld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    the plasmas handle motion very well, much better than the lcd's.
    in your pricerange i would recommend the panasonic PZ range

3. sufs2000

sufs2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate, il have a look at the Panasonic range. To be honest Im not even sure what I should be looking for in a good tv, just a high contrast ratio. Are there any other factors I should really consider before making a final choice??

4. avjunkie77

avjunkie77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spent a long time reading the posts trying to decide which tv to go for, TH50PZ80 or PS50A656. I think both sets are great, opinion on which is better is divided. Do what i did and go to a store with both on display side by side. It should help with the decision. I picked the Samsung; for my eyes the picture was slightly better (HD and SD) but the difference is barely noticeable if not purely in my head. One difference (again to my eyes) is the panel color when both sets are switched off. The samsung is considerably darker (nearly black) compared to the Panasonic (nearly grey). This doesn't make any difference if you are going to watch telly at night and or in the dark. but if there is lots of ambient light in the room or you will be watching telly during the day then it makes some difference to the black levels. Just my opinion. From what i read, most people who have gone for either set have been very pleased with their choice if you are upgrading from a much smaller screen then don't spend too much time worrying about which one to get; you're just delaying the enjoyment! :D

BTW, what HD sources do you have, planning on getting?

5. HD Elvis

HD Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    One bit of advice though try and go to an independent dealers where there maybe more chance of the display being set up properly. If you go to a high street store the chances are they have just been switched on without settings being touched. Also the feed is usually so bad its hard to get an idea of p.q. Just a thought.:smashin:

6. Monarch

Monarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,143
    I'd go for the Panny over the Samsung, better PQ in my opinion and more resistant to possible every day use bashes and more resistant to IR and screen burn, both good though, choose which looks best to you, as mentioned above though, try to go to dealers where they're set up right

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    ERm the Picture.................. The tech spec is next to useless in providing an accurate representation of the PQ if budget is limited to £1200 then so is your choice

8. Monarch

Monarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,143
    Looking on specs is hard to get an idea, contrast ratios etc... are vital but all manufacurers measure it differently so you can never get guaranteed information from them. Look at a lot of reviews once you've got a list of 3 or 4 that you like, then look at them in the flesh

9. snig300

snig300

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    just like to say again dont trust a tv has been set up in the shop correctly,when i seen mine in store i thought it looked bad only got it cos of all the good reviews it had and was pleased i did as its a great tv (px80),when i came to set it up at home 1 of the first questions it asked was was i setting up for a shop or home,this 1 question says alot about how alot of stores display their tvs ie to bright-colour turned way up etc