Plasma Help Needed

M

markyboy

Hi All,
I know there is questions on here regarding this already,however im in the process of buying a plasma,i like the sammy,and LG.
Can people please tell me which model is better for both picture and sound,as i have never seen them running side by side,also which is more likely to be more reliable
If people could let me know ASAP it would be much appreciated,as im looking to order one today.
Kind Regards

Hi markyboy,

You may have noticed that I'm selling my NEC 42MP2 in order to upgrade to a 50" model.

In terms of picture quality & connectivity it is arguably superior to both of your stated options (comments welcome.)

I thought I'd just point out this 3rd alternative! ;)

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

KBDVD,

You may have noticed that your reply bears no relation to the thread post. Might I suggest that if you are selling your second hand gear (ie no warranty) then you post a for sale thread on the correct forum.

N.B. Some people find it far more reassuring to make a major purchase such as a plasma screen from a reputable dealer with a full warranty and as we can't all stretch to the price of the "best" available we therefore require as much information about the alternatives as possible.

Kind regards

Adrian.

Markyboy,

I have seen both these screens demoed and in my opinion they will probably both deliver a similar performance in terms of reliability. The LG has aparently got the edge over the Sammy in terms of picture performance however accessories such as a wall bracket are far cheaper for the Sammy. Also the Samsung has the edge in terms of connectivity as it has S-video, RGB Scart and 15 pin RGB input (can be used with syncmaster cable). Therefore depending on what you are going to hook up it may be worth considering these.

A full PDF manual for sammy is avalable from:

www.samsungelectronics.co.uk/_upload_1/EC_DOWNLOAD/0/000/165/155/AA68_02239A.pdf

and for the LG- www.samsungelectronics.co.uk/_upload_1/EC_DOWNLOAD/0/000/165/155/AA68_02239A.pdf

Hope this helps

Regards

Adrian

adewatson,

Thanks for the advice, my screen is already advertised in the Classified Ads forum as you kindly suggested.

I have to say however that I take exception to the inference in your thread that I was attempting to off load some "second hand gear, ie, no warranty" (eg: a pile of 2nd hand c##p) onto markyboy in order to make a fast buck!

My perception was that by highlighting that I have this screen for sale at this time, it could in fact be to the mutual benefit of markyboy and myself!

As you imply, I am in the fortunate position of being able to afford a high end model once I find a buyer for my current screen, but this screen is no low end bargain basement model! I've not seen many used Plasma screens offered for sale as yet, and in this instance, the figure that I'm asking for my screen positions it as a very strong alternative to the two screens mentioned.

As such, I would argue that my post is very relevent to the thread, if not to the specific question asked by markyboy.

Having seen both of the models that markyboy mentioned in action, and being fully conversant with the capabilities of my screen, I felt that it was quite proper to highlight to him that I am currently selling a screen for less than the price of either of these two alternatives which produces a better image and has greater input flexibility (eg: Component & DVI inputs). I'm quite sure markyboy is more than capable of deciding for himself if this is of interest to him or not.

Incidentaly, I would still have made the same post to highlight this fact to markyboy, had it been someone else with an NEC 42MP2 for sale and not me, as I rate the screen very highly.

ps: I'm not alone in this view either as the link below indicates!

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plasmatv/nec-plasmatvreview.html

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

Point taken, no offence intended.

Just getting a little frustrated that no-one seems to have any feedabck on the Sammy (which I have now ordered).

Good luck selling your screen I am sure it will provide some lucky soul many years of enjoyment!

Regards

Adrian

Markyboy,
from what I can see you will be paying £2.5k for a Sammy or an LG whilst these will do the job they are at the bottom end of the plasma league table on picture quality.
I would stump up the extra £500 and go for the deal Richer Sounds are doing on the 42" Tosh 42wp16 (Panny rebadged).
I've got one and I paid a lot more than that for it 2 months ago.

:clown:

Jeb

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom