1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma getting connected ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by viaciofa, Jan 3, 2004.

1. viaciofa

viaciofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought a plasma finally to hook up to my sony strdb930 av amp. tannoy 12" plus tannoy speakers. toshiba sd210 dvd.
    problem is first plasma LG MZ42PZ43 the component signal would not display. took it back and it was faulty.
    next the second plasma Hitachi 42PMA400E. connected up and all i can get is a picture through the composite single connection. nothing throught the component... or svhs to svhs??

can anyone help? suggest why is it that i cant get the best picture ? i also tried svhs to svhs. this did not work from either the dvd to av amp to plasma. dvd to plasma???

Vince

2. viaciofa

viaciofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    update is i have managed to get the component working from dvd to plasma.
    i would like to improve the picture from philips preview box to the plasma? at the moment is scart to phono/composite picture.
    can anyone suggest the best
    freview box to connect
    or should i get a scart to svhs lead and connect to av amp then plasma? is there such a lead?

3. Supra

Supra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Do a serach for the js technology RgB to VGa box, it made a difference to my display on panny 5.

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Vince,

I don't think you can connect composite and S-video cables at the same time on Hitachis. Just a design fault, I'm afraid - older Panasonics are the same. :rolleyes:

Steve

5. viaciofa

viaciofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your info. you are correct about conecting svhs and composite. only one can be connected.
    i was going to leave the svhs connected only. if it is the best way for a good picture. to connect to the av amp and have the av switch the input...
    Vince

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    JS VGA box won't work with the Hitachi. You need to connect with a scart to 4 phono, RGB and sync on composite, on this plasma for best picture. Just like on the hitachi website. They in fact recommend this over and above component video for DVD. Check your manual for how to set this up.

7. viaciofa

viaciofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your reply. i will check the site.
    i have seen the picture so far from dvd is best via component. its trying to improve the pic from freeview box. it has two scarts. but to connect to plasma?? as there is only svhs or composite?

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    On the PMA you have 5xBNC connectors still free I think. These are RGBHV. You set freeview to RGB in the menu, set 'RGB input' on the plasma to rgb and sync on composite, and with an appropriate lead, from lektropacks, qed or keene for instance, you connect to RGB and composite, and there you go. You can pass other RGB scart signals through most freeview boxes, and certainly a VCR with just composite.

9. viaciofa

viaciofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maw, thanks i can see what you mean from the site also. The cable is a scart to rgb then? a scart to six phono. thanks for your help again. i will try to connect as i have one of those leads. just have to find out how to connect...

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The lead you have may be RGB, sync on c and stereo audio, but may also be audio/video in/out, which clearly is connected to the wrong pins in the scart plug. If it doesn't work, that'll be why.

11. viaciofa

viaciofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maw could you tell me which lead i should get? the one i have is audio video in/out

12. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    viaciofa, to connect the PMA400E to RGB from SKY etc, you need the Lektropaks lead no.SSSCRGBS/3M the will go from the scart output of your Sky box to the component RGB inputs and the composite video in for the sync signal, to connect the DVD player get the Lektropacks lead no.SS15D3P/3M this connects to the component outputs of the DVD player to one of the 15HD inputs on the Plasma, this is exactly as recomended to me by Hitachi only this week.
    I await delivery of my 400E at the moment, and the leads arrived today!

Best regards David

13. viaciofa

viaciofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    David
    Thanks, I spoke to Matt at hitachi. He was very helpful and gave info as you suggested.
    Re the set i am very pleased with the picture. Look forward to getting the leads soon to finish off.