Plasma gas charging fault

Just an update for all you Hitachi fans,

Phoned Solid Circle this morning to see what had happened to my delivery on Friday, they said sorry and it would be with me today.
So i phoned up work so that they could get someone else in for my shift.
All sorted i thought.
No chance.
Just received a phone call from Solid Circle who said "Now that we have looked into this a little further we have found that your replacement has been misdirected and won't be with you until tomorrow"

Thats three days lost work and pay so far.

Any news on your situation dvd ??

Daran.

Elvis

I have not heard anything as yet.

I am now away until Thursday, but I will let know as soon as I get a response.

Michael

Guess what??
At 9 this morning took delivery of a pile of crap.

Box looked like it had been dragged through Iraq.....

Some scratches and marks here an there but not bad........

Screw heads damaged , looks like a recon......

Black bar retrntion top and bottom.......

Red dot retention top right........

The grey blob on this one covers the hole screen, not a hint of black.........

Buzzes like a power station........

B.T.W my original unit is mint the only problem is the blob.
Lucky enough i had a friendly enough delivery man who said he would leave the replacement with me and collect mine at about 3.

Well after inspection and test of the replacement , i got on the phone to the place i purchased it from , told them the story and said that i was sending it back. What's got on my t**s more than anything is that Solid Circle said they were sending me a NEW unit not RECONDITIONED.
Dose anyone know if i have to accept a reckon unit as a replacement , it's not my fault if they cant get hold of a new one.

Daran

mw3cdj

I feel for you m8. I don't know if you have to accept a recon unit. I would speak to your local Trading Standards, they have been very helpful to me and will certainly be able to advise you. Good job you've still got your original. If I were you I wouldn't let it go until you're 100% satisfied with the replacement 'cause you probably won't be able to get it back.

Your rights for replacement/refund/repair/compensation will vary depending on how long you had the set before making the complaint.

If that's recon, what was it like before they reconditioned it! Time for the small claims court? Or maybe a friendly word with the retailer 1st, cos this bit is not their fault, they have probably been told that solid circle will sort it. They should throw up their hands in horror, you are their customer.

Just connected my old one back up and had a cup of coffee , I've left a message with Trading Standards they are getting back to me.
All this hassle and I'm still no better off.
Makes me want to start smoking again , boy could i do with a fag now.
Any way I'm off to tidy up my room , cables in a mess again usual stuff.

Daran

Elvis,
It looks like suppliers cant get any more 400e's , can this be said for your model also?? If so , and your supplier dose agree to replace your set , would you accept a 500e. I'm just thinking about TELLING my supplier to send me a 500e if they cant get hold of any more NEW 400's. Have you any thoughts on the new 500 range ???

Daran.

Mine's the TV equivalent, The 42pd3000, but it has also been superceded by a newer model. I had wondered if shortages of the 42pd3000 might be one reason for Hitachi/JLs reluctance to replace my set.

As for exchanging for a newer model; I'd prefer a full refund, then I can buy something else, I have a nasty taste about the whole matter and would rather have nothing more to do with Hitachi and John Lewis. However it's more likely they would offer a replacement, if this is the case I don't have a problem with it being a newer model as long as it is comparable to the one I have feature for feature (minus grey blob 'feature' of course).

Thanks Elvis,

Just got to calm down a little , then i think I'll try my luck.

Daran.

Originally posted by mw3cdj
Guess what??
At 9 this morning took delivery of a pile of crap.

Box looked like it had been dragged through Iraq.....

Some scratches and marks here an there but not bad........

Screw heads damaged , looks like a recon......

Black bar retrntion top and bottom.......

Red dot retention top right........

The grey blob on this one covers the hole screen, not a hint of black.........

Buzzes like a power station........

B.T.W my original unit is mint the only problem is the blob.
Lucky enough i had a friendly enough delivery man who said he would leave the replacement with me and collect mine at about 3.

Well after inspection and test of the replacement , i got on the phone to the place i purchased it from , told them the story and said that i was sending it back. What's got on my t**s more than anything is that Solid Circle said they were sending me a NEW unit not RECONDITIONED.
Dose anyone know if i have to accept a reckon unit as a replacement , it's not my fault if they cant get hold of a new one.

Daran

Hi mw3cdj,

The plasma's Solid Circle have sent us has RECONDITIONED written all over it :mad:

DVD

Your rights:- I have never pushed on this one, but I'd say courts are places of logic and reason in consumer affairs. You will be entitled to a replacement screen without faults in at least as good condition as the one you are rejecting. If it wasn't new, I'd be guessing you wouldn't care that much as long as it looked new and had no faults? It'd be reasonable. That's the key word usually. This time it's right on your side, Solid Circle appear to be taking the yellow stuff in large quantities. I'd be livid with them if you were my customer. Considering legal action for loss of reputation in fact.

The plasma's Solid Circle have sent us has RECONDITIONED written all over it

At the end of the day Solid Circle is a service agent for Hitachi , so to be honest i should have seen it coming.

Any way just waiting for trading standards to confirm a few things for me and then I'll start throwing some s**t around , I've tried being nice to people and it's got me nowhere.

As soon as i now anything new I'll report back.
(some very nice and helpful people at my local trading standards office;) )

Daran.

wow after sitting here 4 an hr reading this thread im feel sympathetic for you and real anger at hitachi and JL. i will be purchasing a plasma in the next few weeks and my first option was the hitachi after seeing "plasma of the yr" but now im staying well away from it and going 4 the panny PW6. Good Luck guys !!

John Lewis and my Credit Card co. now have letters from me stating my position and giving them 14 days to replace or refund my TV.

Best of luck Elvis,

Should be getting a phone call back from trading standards today.
An then I'll be on the war path !

Daran.

EDIT--- In your letter to JL have yo stated that you want a new or as new replacement ??

Ah the sweet smell of victory...

Just had a call from John Lewis to say that 'although there is nothing wrong with the screen...' in this case they are going to give me a full refund.

:clap:

So now I'm shopping for a replacement screen for <£3K. Unfortunately having just read nobbydogs problems with panasonic I'm floundering somewhat.

Spot on Elvis :smashin:

Daran.

Thanks, I just hope everyone else gets a suitable resolution too, particularly michael6 who is in dispute with the same store that I was, surely they can't turn their back on him now?

Originally posted by Elvis
Ah the sweet smell of victory...

Just had a call from John Lewis to say that 'although there is nothing wrong with my screen...' in this case they are going to give me a full refund.

:clap:

So now I'm shopping for a replacement screen for <£3K. Unfortunately having just read nobbydogs problems with panasonic I'm floundering somewhat.

Nice one Elvis. What's the problem with the Panny's?

ASH1:smashin:

Got a nice 42pma400e I'll can let you have for a reasonable price :D

Daran.

The thread is at the top of the page, their customer service ain't up to much. Fujitsu anyone? Not from me though, you're all oop north or something aren't you? Couple it with a pace freeview, and side speakers if you must, have PVR functionality too.

Hi Elvis,

How old is your plasma?

DVD

My plasma was delivered 10 October 2003, just over 5 months ago. But I've been waiting 2 months to get this sorted out

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom