Plasma gas charging fault

Deron

Originally posted by MAW
I prefer the look of the Panny, but I do appreciate it's personal. Make sure you're happy with the look yourself, they are certainly higher in terms of customer satisfaction. Fewer returns and upsets. Potential pitfalls include too loud buzzing, power supply failure (turns itself off) and, actually, never had one back for anything else.
You ever had a home consumer burn one, or heard of a home consumer burning one?

michael6

I have now received a letter from JL offering me a full refund on the return of my set to the Cheadle branch.

I am therefore now in the same boat as Elvis as to being unsure what to get as a replacement. I am quite interested in the Fujitsu’s but we are not particularly well served with retailers in this part of the world who have good demonstration facilities.

I would like to say a word of thanks to Elvis and all the other members who have posted their advice and comments, it has helped a great deal in getting this sorted.

Michael

E

Elvis

Michael6,

Glad to hear you have also got the matter resolved with JL. Just seems a shame they had to kick up such a fuss in the first place, still they came good in the end, and at least we didn't have to go through the courts to get satisfaction.

I'm currently looking at the integrated 42" Panasonic, although I understand their record for customer service isn't too hot.:rolleyes:

MAW

Banned
Very mixed, Elvis. There are some who will praise panasonic. Nobby appears to have been unlucky and not to have had a supportive dealer. The sevenoaks guys are quite right, they are franchises, so one branch does not characterise them all.

michael6

Elvis

I have also considered a Panasonic, although I have been looking at the PW6 as I did not use the tuner or the speakers on the Hitachi.

I agree with you that recent comments do not make good reading
especially after a bad experience, I am therefore leaning towards a Fujitsu which will come with a two year guarantee.

I will probably have a look at Nexnix and AV-Sales as they seem well regarded on the forum, I really do want to avoid any more problems.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Michael

michael6

Hi

I have now returned the Hitachi to JL and received a full refund as promised.

I ordered a Fujitsu P42VHA30 from Nexnix on Wednesday which arrived first thing Friday morning.

Initial impressions are very good, no dead pixels no grey clouding and the screen is virtually silent.

Picture quality on Sky I would say is slightly better than the Hitachi but on DVD there is quite a difference, the picture is sharper and produces more detail with better colours. I am using a HK 2550 which is connected by component using PS, perhaps this is better suited to the Fujitsu.

Contrary to what I have been told by Hitachi and JL I can now watch the screen in a dark room without being distracted by grey clouding.

Michael

E

Elvis

I have also returned my screen and received a full refund. In fact JL are being very good about it now, even arranging free pick-up despite the fact that I'm outside their delivery area, so no hard feelings.

Its funny but most other sales people I've spoken to tell me plasma screens work best in a dark environment. Why not Hitachi ones then?

I've now got a panasonic PA20 on order.

ASH1

Hi Elvis, I hope you have better luck with your panny. RS are doing them for £2,783.95 I don't know if yours is cheaper than this but you could always ask for a price match.

ASH1:smashin:

Blu-rayx

Hi,

I have received a full refund on my PMA400E :)

michael6,are you still happy with your fujitsu?

DVD

michael6

DVD

Glad to hear you have also got a full refund.

I am still very pleased with the Fujitsu, the picture is a little different than the Hitachi which is slightly ‘soft’ and less detailed in comparison.

I was previously very pleased with the picture quality of the Hitachi apart from the clouding but I would say the Fujitsu is just that bit better all round especially with DVD’s.

In all highly recommended.

Michael

mw3cdj

Standard Member
I have received a full refund on my PMA400E
Well done mate , its just a shame that the consumer has to go through so much sh*t to get what he/she is entitled to .

Daran.
:smashin:

mafioso

Standard Member
Good choice DVD.

This screen has the same resolution as the Hitachi, unlike the VHA model the Micheal6 which is only 852*480 but both have way better colour rendition than the Hitachi.
So you should see a good improvement.

May I ask how much you paid and from where?

N

nealgs

Originally posted by dvd
:hiya:

I've gone for the Fujitsu P42HHS30ES :D

Arrives Thursday(8/09/04),just in time for easter :D

DVD

Looking at that arrival date you got another 6mths to wait or so :devil: 8th September 2004:thumbsdow

Gary

E

Elvis

Isn't the P42HHS30ES another ALiS screen? In fact isn't it the same glass as the Hitachi?

Blu-rayx

Originally posted by nealgs
Looking at that arrival date you got another 6mths to wait or so :devil: 8th September 2004:thumbsdow

Gary

OOPS! :D

Arrives Thursday(8/04/04),just in time for easter :D

DVD:D

mafioso

Standard Member
Originally posted by Elvis
Isn't the P42HHS30ES another ALiS screen? In fact isn't it the same glass as the Hitachi?
Yes it is Elvis, the big difference here is that Fujitsu have produced better electronics behind these screens to get the best results out of them.

B

Bob Marley

brethy said:
Hi Mrs Brethy here, I've been reading your posts with great interest as we have just purchased a 42PD5000. Please could anyone tell me if the grey areas developed over time or did you notice them straight away, ie was the screen ok at the beginning?. Just a bit concerned in case this can affect other screens as well :eek: . BTW good luck in your fight against Hitachi I totally agree if you send £2500 - £3000 on a tv you expect perfection.
I have the same screen as you andhave not noticed this grey problem. I do however get a cloudy style effect sometimes but I think that this is a poor signal <365 lines from my satelite onto a 1024 x 1024 screen. The DVD (denon 1910) via dvi link is great

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom