Plasma gas charging fault

mw3cdj

Standard Member
Hi mw3cdj, just check it's a new one and not a refurbished one.

How will i know ???

mafioso

Standard Member
Check serial number on box and compare to tv. These should be the same.

But more importantly check that there is only one (original) label on the box with the serial number on it. If it's a refurb, Hitachi tend to put a new sticker on top of the orginal with a new serial number matching the plasma. This is mainly because the box is not the original box the refurb plasma came in when it was brand newand so would have a different serial number.

I know, cos I had this problem when purchasing a RP TV from them a couple of years back.
Unless they have wised up since then of course

Blu-rayx

Originally posted by mw3cdj
Right then guy's, some amo for you.

Just had my service center(SOLID CIRCLE) on the phone and they are sending me a Replacement 42pma400e tomorrow. All i have to do is to place the faulty one in the box the new one will come in.
While i have been typing this out another call from ARC(www.Av-sales.com )apologizing for a...ent from solid circle today(12/03/04). DVD

mw3cdj

Standard Member
Hi dvd,
Best of luck with your new 400e, all i hope is that the new one dose not display the same problem ( or have any other problem ).

just phoned Solid Circle up this morning and the tell me they just had the last batch of 400e's in so that my exchange one will be new.

Who are Solid Circle and why are the sending me the new 400e and not the place i purchased it from??

I'll keep you up to date when and if my new 400e turns up. :smashin:

E

Elvis

I have just come off the phone to Trading Standards and after a lengthy discussion outlining my circumstances they endorse my position of seeking refund/replacement.

It turns out I will have to prove a fault, I can't just reject the set on the grounds that it is not of satisfactory quality unless there is something wrong with it. But Hitachi's assertion that it is 'within specification' will not carry much weight in court. It is 'the man in the street' who will determine whether it is faulty or not. I think I can make a good case on those grounds if I have to. So I'm going to give John Lewis one more opportunity to act responsibly.

mw3cdj

Standard Member
Elvis,
How can one company say there is no fault, and will not help you while another company just swaps the sets over no questions asked. BTW my set is 11 months old. We have the same fault for god sakes.
Regards,
DARAN.

mw3cdj

Standard Member
It's not fair is it.

No it's not , i really sympathies with you , i thought i was in the same situation as you until i received the phone call yesterday saying there was a replacement on the way.
I'll tell you what though , John Lewis will not be getting any of my money and their reputation on this forum has gone down the pan.
Regards,
Daran.

mw3cdj

Standard Member
sorry double post:blush:

Blu-rayx

Hi dvd,
Best of luck with your new 400e, all i hope is that the new one dose not display the same problem ( or have any other problem ).

just phoned Solid Circle up this morning and the tell me they just had the last batch of 400e's in so that my exchange one will be new.

Who are Solid Circle and why are the sending me the new 400e and not AMC where i purchased it from??

I'll keep you up to date when and if my new 400e turns up. :smashin:

mw3cdj,

Received my 400E this morning, i'm not a happy bunny :mad:

5 dead pixels on the green and 4 on the blue :mad:

This plasma does not look new,It has a scratch on the back and the box looks like it's been through the wars and back.

This plasma is going back ASAP.

DVD

mw3cdj

Standard Member
Hi DVD,
Well i have not had mine yet.
This plasma does not look new,It has a scratch on the back and the box looks like it's been through the wars and back

Did you sign for it unchecked as thats what I'll be doing.

have you phoned solid circle and told them if so what did the say??

WHY CANT LIFE BE SIMPLE.........ARE WE ASKING TO MUCH......

Tell you what , if the one i receive looks dodgy ill go up the sodding wall with someone.

Is the fog still there??

Daran

MAW

Banned
By the sound of this it's not just JL who's reputation is down the pan. Them not being experts, it might be that they are told what to say by Hitachi, and have not yet realised that they are up against a real fault and a set of well informed determined customers.

E

Elvis

I understand that John Lewis are the ones I have to pursue, but my beef is with Hitachi just as much as them, as MAW suggests I think they are trying to sweep this under the carpet without realising that some of their customers are better informed than they would like.

I would initially have been quite happy with a replacement set (sans blobs), but the more I think about it the more I want a full refund so I can walk away from Hitachi and John Lewis for good. Whether that will be possible I don't know, but that would certainly be my ideal resolution right now.

Blu-rayx

Hi DVD,
Well i have not had mine yet.

Did you sign for it unchecked as thats what I'll be doing.

have you phoned solid circle and told them if so what did the say??

WHY CANT LIFE BE SIMPLE.........ARE WE ASKING TO MUCH......

Tell you what , if the one i receive looks dodgy ill go up the sodding wall with someone.

Is the fog still there??

Daran

Hi mw3cdj,

I phoned the company were i originally bought my plasma
to tell them what's happed,so they are now looking into it.

DVD

mw3cdj

Standard Member
I just cant believe the hastle we are going through. I'm sat here waiting for my replacement 400e to turn up , reading this thread again.
The more i read and the longer i wait the higher my blood pressure gets.
I hope my replacement is going to be OK , because the mood I'm in at the moment i might just say something id regret to someone (OR WORSE).

Sorry for the rant but I'm really p***d off with this situation.

Good luck to all in resolving this.

Daran.

mw3cdj

Standard Member
Should have guessed really.........It's 5.35PM and no new plasma.
Don't suppose that anyone cares that its been in the back of a van all day shaken to bits. God knows where it'll be stored over the weekend.

AHHhh more Valium . Thats better!!!!!!

Daran

Blu-rayx

Don't suppose that anyone cares that its been in the back of a van all day shaken to bits. God knows where it'll be stored over the weekend.

Daran

:rotfl: :D

DVD:)

ASH1

Daran

The van driver probably taken it home for the weekend so he can check the grey blob is working correctly.:D
You've all got me paranoid now I keep going to the same bit of finding nemo to see if my plasma is working ok. Hope you all get it sorted to you satisfaction.

ASH1

E

Elvis

I think that if your TV is working first time around it's probably going to be ok. Besides, enjoyable as it is you really wouldn't want to watch Finding Nemo more than once. Would you?

mw3cdj

Standard Member
Just thought of this.
I'll probably end up with dvd's old 400e, as it's gone back to Solid Circle and thats where my new one is suppose to be coming from.
Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Promised to the wife last night , that i wouldn't get wound up about this today , so I'm off out on the p**s.

Regards,
Daran

ASH1

Originally posted by Elvis
I think that if your TV is working first time around it's probably going to be ok. Besides, enjoyable as it is you really wouldn't want to watch Finding Nemo more than once. Would you?

Thanks Elvis, don't have a lot of choice at the moment my daughter loves it. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. HELP!

ASH1

Blu-rayx

Just thought of this.
I'll probably end up with dvd's old 400e, as it's gone back to Solid Circle and thats where my new one is suppose to be coming from.
Nothing would surprise me anymore.

mw3cdj,

When you get your 400e tell me what the serial number is because I've it written down ;)

DVD

mw3cdj

Standard Member
When you get your 400e tell me what the serial number is because I've it written down

OK , if i ever receive it.
Also written down my serial no and taken various photos of a 400e in perfect condition . Don't know why i took the photos, suppose i's because i may need proof of something in the future.

Am I getting paranoid or what:rolleyes:

Daran

Jasonjo

Originally posted by ASH1
Thanks Elvis, don't have a lot of choice at the moment my daughter loves it. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. HELP!

ASH1

:rotfl: :rotfl: Another Nemo fan...:)

ASH1

Hi JJ, I think the disk is in danger of melting itself to the tray of my 3800 she watched it that many times.

ASH1;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett