Plasma Gamma setting,Whats it for?

lucas22

Novice Member
Hi
I currently own a panasonic 50px70 and although iam happy with the set i have noticed when gaming(xbox360 over vga)sometimes dark scenes can be prone to flickering.
My point is this,the gamma setting in the menu is currently set to s curve.
What are the gamma settings for?what do they do?and might this help with the flicker as mentioned above.

AS always many thanks in advance:)

arad85

Novice Member
Hi
I currently own a panasonic 50px70 and although iam happy with the set i have noticed when gaming(xbox360 over vga)sometimes dark scenes can be prone to flickering.
My point is this,the gamma setting in the menu is currently set to s curve.
What are the gamma settings for?what do they do?and might this help with the flicker as mentioned above.

AS always many thanks in advance:)
Depends what you mean by "flickering". All gamma does is alter the mapping of input values to output drive power (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction). I doubt if it would help with flickering (unless you mean something different to the normal use which is a refresh rate problem like you get on monitors).

lucas22

Novice Member
Depends what you mean by "flickering".
Best way to describe it would be when a dark scene appears on screen it seems to struggle to find the correct shade,in other words it will flicker between the correct shade and a lighter shade for a few seconds before settling in.

hope that makes sense:)