• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma Gaming Input Lag Advice

Nostromo71

Hi

I need advice relating to gaming input lag on Plasma screens. Is input lag something that affects offline gaming, or does it generally just affect online gaming? I will soon be ready to buy a new Tv, and I did have my heart set on the new Panasonic TX-P55ST60B, but after some research I've discovered quite a few people complaining about the amount of input lag that it has.

I currently have a 6yr old Samsung PS42Q97HDX/XEU Plasma, that I use for gaming with an Xbox 360, that is first connected to a Samsung HT-C6500 Blu-Ray Cinema System. I don't do online gaming, only offline play, and until doing research for this new Tv purchase, input lag wasn't something I gave any thought to. It's certainly not something I've ever noticed on my current set-up.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, and my actual gaming skills are very average, but when thinking of spending £1500 on a new Tv, I want to make sure I don't have any 'Oh No' moments by ending up with a Plasma that provides a gaming experience that doesn't match the set-up I already have. :confused:

I have to rely solely on online advice, as there are no electrical retailers near to where I live, so I am not able to check out a Tv before buying it. With that being the case, I want to be 100% sure of everything before I hand over that kind of money.

Thanks for reading.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
You'll likely be fine unless you like playing fighting games.
You could see if any family or friends have a set that AVF have a review for, look at the lag measurement and go try it out. For casual gaming you should be fine.

Maybe buy online and return if its noticeable?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom