1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma furniture

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by roligan, Oct 15, 2004.

1. roligan

roligan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a Plasma furniture (wood) where my 42 inch Panny can sit on top on a stand and where my kit can be stored underneath either behind frosted glass doors or wooden doors.

When I had my plasma on the wall the bottom of the screen was approximately 42 inches above the ground so I am looking for something similar. Any links to manufacturers/resellers would be appreciated.

2. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quadrapire do a really good looking unit. Lockable glass doors, plenty of shelve space etc but it's £900. Looked very good in the shop!

3. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take a look at Blok too, solid doors this time but you can have mesh in them if you want. I think they came in at about £500.

4. roligan

roligan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Braehead,

Quadraspire is quite nice but it is not ide enough since I need it to be probably at least 150cm wide. Any other suggestions?

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    spectral s1452 145cm wide

6. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've actually ended up getting a blacksmith I know to make one for me! Gave him a budget and asked if he can do it. He has just started to make it this week so when he's finished I'll post a picture on here. Then I'll talk to him about some sales commission!!

7. roligan

roligan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bobbypunk,

tried to find the spectral s1452 - no luck. Do you have alink?

8. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.spectral-moebel.de/
    not sure of prices online dealers with them don't seem to offer these higher end models believe they're in the ball park of £1000-£1500.
    The link is for the manufacturers website.

9. roligan

roligan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bobbypunk,

Spectral they look really cool. I am debating whether to buy the S1452 or S1453. S1452 is 470mm high and S1453 is 570mm hign. With my 42 inch panny which is 600mm high it looks like the panny on a stand on the S1453 seems a good height (we sit in normal sofas).

Btw, do you know if the doors opens like a normal door?

10. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The blacksmith finished my stand. See below for a photo. The steel is all perforated and it is open front and back so no ventilation problem. Eighth of an inch thick safety glass top. Whole things weighs a ton!! Does the business though - and it's unique! Now to start saving for the rest of the new kit to put in it!!!

Attached Files:

11. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Very Nice Braehead,:clap:
    Always better when it's unique. Should be nice and stable too! Cable management can be a bit of a bitch. But black is a sensible colour!
    Really need to get that speaker out of the corner though.....:D

12. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried it in a few places between the TV and the corner. It works best where it is - it's side ported and seems to like the position. Each to their own. Got some "stick on" cable ties from b&q to take care of things at the back.