1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma from Leading Edge Consepts

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ejo, Jan 10, 2003.

1. ejo

ejo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered a Panasonic TH-42PW5B Bundle Silver from Leading Edge Consepts.
    ( http://www.leconcepts.com/dvd_home.htm )
    Have any of you any experience with this company. I ordered from then because the said they had it in stock and the also ship to Norway.

I ordered at Tuesday but they have not sent it yet. They Say they need a verbal authorisation from my bank regarding my credit card. I have never heard about this before and wonder if any of you have had any experience with them.

I start to think they may not have it in stock.
    I am thinking of cancelling my order and tray to order for someone else.

Espen

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought a dvd player from hong kong and they had to get a verbal autho from my credit card company because it was a high amount.
    my mate bought a dvd player from leconncepts a while back and everything was fine for him

3. madgames

madgames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Leading Edge Concepts are a good company
    Ive ordered a couple of amps off them and they were fine
    When we ship a order for a large amount of money overseas we also want verbal authorisation from ther credit card company.
    Its just a standard measure nowadays one of the ways to prevent the large increase of credit card fraud.

All you need to worry about it making sure your there to sign for your new plasma , lucky git :clown:

4. ejo

ejo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replay.
    I will just wait for a few days then. Hopefully I will have my new plasma by the end of next week.:)

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Ejo, you could call your card co. I had mine declined recently for some I.C.E bought via the internet, only £200, but they authorised it quickly after speaking to me. Just a security thing. Be grateful, it's your money they are giving out, and retailers are happy cos if it's actuall fraud, they are the ones who pay. Followed, of course, by the rest of us when they put up their prices.

6. pwarren

pwarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    leading edage concepts are a company based in the north east of england were I live. They offer a mail order business and a shop in the metro centre (a huge mall). My experiences with both the shop and mail order are fine. Staff are knowledgable and keen. You shoudn't have any problems.