1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma from AV-Sales

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sparkz, Nov 10, 2004.

1. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen AV-Sales mentioned quite a lot here with good comments so I thought I'd give them a try.

First a couple of phone calls - no one in sales was available. Eventually left my number but no one phoned back.

So I tried emailing instead. It took 3 emails to get a reply (having mentioned I didn't get one from the previous 2).

After this I phoned to get a quote for my plasma bits. After going through all the options I was told I'd get a quote via email which I'm still waiting for.

Have I just been unlucky or should I take this as a sign? :confused:

2. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    They promised to answer me for a shipping quote to Finland but never did.... but many swear by them. Probably you caught them on a busy day...?

3. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    There is a thread in the power buys section I do believe, you should geta reply in a day or two from there.

They are VERY busy. I phoned and no one was available, and they actually remembered me and phoned me back a week later. Haha.

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Ok. I bought my panasonic Vierra from av sales. Actuallly drove over to them in kent and had a demo first :thumbsup: They were very acomadating helpfull and friendly.They even smiled when they took my my money ;)and i drove home with the plasma that day :clap: .I had an issue with the plasmas overscan which I did not know how to sort out at the time. Alistare collie from av sales contacted me with info on this via telephone after I had emailed him about it. I can not fault the service from these guys one bit and would most defenatly use them again. Got a good price from em as well :smashin:

5. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got nothing but praise for them at the moment. I rang the number and phone was answered by a human being within 1 ring! They were incredibly helpful, actually going off with a tape measure to measure a screen on its stand for me. After I ordered (mid afternoon) I got a call about an hour later from them asking if I wanted it delivered the following day!!

Its meant to be delivered tomorrow and today they actually called me and confirmed that it would be and left details of who I could ring etc if anything went wrong!!! Unheard of!

All that and one of the keenest prices around.

6. newcomer

newcomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i purchased my DENON-DHT550 from them along with cables and have to say they were excellent, top marks!!!!!!!!!!

7. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I was a bit worried because one company I dealt with like that (computer stuff) was also too busy to get my order right and then too busy to sort it out afterwards! :suicide:

I'm reassured now :) Perhaps I should do what David-Sheekey did and visit their store. Don't think the box would fit in my car though :D

8. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

Well i Bought a 37" Vierra. I had to take it out of the box but we managed to get it across the back seats of my Mondeo hatch back and then padded it out all the way round it. If you by a panel only like the pw6/7 you should be able to get up to the 42" model in a simalar type of car.
    If you are going to visit it is by appointment only so phone them first :)

9. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I wonder if I can persuade my mate, who has an estate, to take scenic trip to Tunbridge Wells :D