1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma for the office

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by freddyuk, Oct 19, 2004.

1. freddyuk

freddyuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have carte blanche to buy a plasma screen for the office to show boring stuff off the laptop and footy after hours!
    I have read the posts and looking at the Panny PWD6 but must have tv tuner and pc links.
    Am i on the right track and what cables do i need to buy for PC link and TV capability.Do i need speakers etc and a freeview box??
    I cant screw this up !!

Many thanks guys

Steve :thumbsup:

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Use a Freeview box for the tuner.

Yes, if you are not going to use a separate amp and speaker set up then you will need to order speakers to plug into the plasma, for sound. Panny do matching ones for the plasma.

A PC can be plugged in through the existing VGA socket.

How you connect the video source depends on you needs. The SCART board has the advantage of being an all-in-one connector (video and sound), complete with aspect-ratio switching etc.. The picture is not the most razor-sharp from all accounts, but should be fine for your needs.

In the above scenario, the cables would be a decent quality VGA cable (no great expense required), plus a good quality SCART cable (particularly if a long cable run involved). You'd also need a a simple audio line cable, to pipe the PC sound into the plasma.