• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma for HTPC?

ayrshire

Established Member
Hi,
I have a Panasonic PX70 which I think is superb, PQ even on SD is at times stunning (and I`m picky). Anyways.......... I have built a small HTPC and was going to buy a 40in LCD to display this as I`m concerned about screen burn, this in mind I went and looked at the available LCDs only to find myself coming to the conclusion that the SD PQ on LCD is really very poor, even on these new 100hz sets I cant really see much of an improvement on movement etc. I would be using new set to view SD and browse/use as a PC.

So........does anyone happily use their plasma as a PC and does screen burn become an issue?, I really dont want to be worrying every time I am using the display as a PC but tbh I dont think I could cope with the terrible PQ of LCD :confused:, thanks, Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom