1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma experts lend me your knowledge

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by stuartam_81, Oct 12, 2003.

1. stuartam_81

stuartam_81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im looking to replace my tv ( a Panasonic 24” crt ) with a nice plasma tv, the two that have court my eye is the ‘Pioneer PDP-434HDE’ & ‘Panasonic TH-42PHD6 ( with DVI-D Terminal Board added )’.

Im after some advice as to which one ( or even another screen ) would suite my needs, I want to connect my current dvd player ( a Panasonic dvd-rv32 Multi-Region, I will upgrade after a month or so for something a bit better ), a VCR, my Sky Digital box, & a computer ( with a DVI output ).

All comments / recommendations gratefully received

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Hi stuart,

How about a Pioneer 434HDE with an 868AVi player connected by HDMI? I don't think you'd go far wrong with that combination. See www.avland.co.uk for more info on them.

Steve

3. stuartam_81

stuartam_81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply, i will have a look at it.

thanks again

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Don't forget there's only the 1 HDMI input, and it's shared with YUV AAAGH! PC via DVI will conflict with 868 DVD, and I am not clear about what happens when you have YUV and HDMI/DVI connected at the same time, as they are both input 3. It could be that in this case the Panny will be the better bet. You could have a dvi card, and a component video card, get a good progressive scan DVD, and if you needed a second tuner and found the vcr inadequate (I expect you would) you could perhaps look at a Pace twin freeview box.