Plasma experts can I have your opinion please?

snakeeater

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Panasonic Plasma TV is now past the 200hours mark and I have been having a fiddle with the settings.

I have decided that I like the default settings for cinema (contrast 10, brightness 5) but with the sharpness turned up a notch to 3 provides a lovely vibrant picture.

Would anyone on here say that these settings are perhaps a little high, or would these seem okay. Even though everyone has different connections etc what are the brightness and contrast settings that you use?

Many thanks :D

Well mine hasn't been on for any more than 20 hours yet (I don't think, I must check the counter) but I have adjusted the settings to:

Contrast -6
Brightness 0 (-2 for the component input)
Sharpness 3

I actually find (for me) these settings to be really nice, providing black blacks but also nice bright images for daytime scenes etc. IMO the running in period of being over cautious is a little blown out of proportion. I have had 2.35:1 dvd's and the Xbox running on my screen etc and there are no problems. Of course I could learn to regret saying all that but I doubt it. The lack of people on here reporting screen burn leaves me with pretty high confidence :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom