• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Plasma double image

duttie

Standard Member
Does every plasma suffer double imaging at 30 frame rates per second or is it just me st50 set and if so can anyone recommend a tv that I can game on 3d and have no motion blur or double imaging

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
duttie said:
Does every plasma suffer double imaging at 30 frame rates per second or is it just me st50 set and if so can anyone recommend a tv that I can game on 3d and have no motion blur or double imaging

All tvs do it. Some just mask it slightly but its still there.
Have to remember when a game runs at 30fps its not always a stable frame rate and can drift all over the place.
Try using normal mode and dabble with IFC setting (avoid max it creates artifacts eg tearing in fast pans) if it bugs you too much.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
All sets will have this with 30fps games, LCDs have it but its less noticeable due to motion blur. It will vary set to set depending on how they handle motion, Id recommend you demo a set with the specific games causing you problems.
Game frame rate also goes up and down depending on the spec of platform and how much processing the game demands from both the graphics and physics. Many games can be quite stable, it depends on how we they were developed, what decisions were made in development and how demand on a platform varies.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
All tvs do it. Some just mask it slightly but its still there.
Have to remember when a game runs at 30fps its not always a stable frame rate and can drift all over the place.
Try using normal mode and dabble with IFC setting (avoid max it creates artifacts eg tearing in fast pans) if it bugs you too much.

Beat me to it darn it lol.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
duttie said:
Thanks for the quick responses should I use normal mode when I watch freeview aswell

Personally I use normal for daytime use and True Cinema for low light viewing.
Turn off all extra processing but pop IFC to min. Colour temp to warm on Normal and sharpness at 0.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
duttie said:
Is that for gaming as well or just freeview

Just freeview. I use game mode for gaming. If its an rpg game with not many HUDs on screen I like true cinem, but if 30fps games bug you a bit normal and adjusting ifc should help a bit.
Normal has more dither noise so helps mask 30fps judder a little bit. The IFC control can also help.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
duttie said:
Thanks has helped the games are now actually playable now

Enjoy mate. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom