Plasma display only

Guff

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my very old SD plasma with a new HD model. However, I cannot find a display only - these days every display seems to include a tuner and speakers which I don't need as the screen is part of my home cinema set-up. Any ideas of display only options (I don't mind the tuner so much but the speakers seem to be a real waste of space).

I am looking to replace my very old SD plasma with a new HD model. However, I cannot find a display only - these days every display seems to include a tuner and speakers which I don't need as the screen is part of my home cinema set-up. Any ideas of display only options (I don't mind the tuner so much but the speakers seem to be a real waste of space).

Guff,

Check out the Pioneer 8g's or wait a little longer for the soon to be released 1080p version due out shortly.

It seems to have a built in amp - but no speakers? Anything similar in 42" line (I already have a projector for when i want a big screen)

It seems to have a built in amp - but no speakers? Anything similar in 42" line (I already have a projector for when i want a big screen)

Both the Pioneer 42" screens have built in speakers no good for you, only the 50" + screens are available without spearkers. The Panasonic PH10 series could be an option or the Fujitsu 58 series.

Is pioneer the only game in town? My existing panel is Panasonic and it has give 6 or 7 years of exellent poerformance so I have some loyalty (tho, my amp and dvd are pioneer, now I come to think about it)

Is pioneer the only game in town? My existing panel is Panasonic and it has give 6 or 7 years of exellent poerformance so I have some loyalty (tho, my amp and dvd are pioneer, now I come to think about it)

Guff,

I have a Panasonic PW5 which has been a cracking screen for well over 4years & 8000+ hours. It has only just been replaced by my new Pioneer 508XD which is a superb screen as was the Panasonic in its day. I really wanted another Panasonic for the same reasons as yourself but I am truly glad I bought the Pioneer:D:D. Some of the older Panny's are better than their newer model equivalents.

Well Depends what you want to spend

Panasonic PH10 is highly regarded on here - Panel Only 1024x768 res Around the £800 mark - You need to purchase Input modules for everything you want though

For Full HD Panel only theres the Panasonic 50" PF10 for around £2,395

and of course theres always the Fuji 58 series for around £1,895 panel only for the 42" version which gives about the best picture you can get.

stick with the panasonic ... go for a 42 or 50ph10 -excellent picture.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom