1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma crt LCD clarity

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Leerock, May 25, 2005.

1. Leerock

Leerock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it me or do the lcds have much more clearer and crisper image than both plasma and crts?
    Seeing demos in various stores where they have plasmas and lcds next to each other I ve noticed that the image that the lcds produce seems much more detailed nore plasmas look kind of fuzzy and blurred.
    I know that lcds have other issues
    but are the plasmas far behind on the matter of clarity?

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    From my side I will completely reverse your comments in favour of plasmas and crts. LCD technology has still some way to go before it fully matures.
    Practicality and style have been the great advantages of LCDs making them popular and with lower prices the trend will continue. You could off course be a biased LCD fanatic... and miss all that.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I think the plasmas may look "fuzzier" because they tend to be bigger than LCD. Both technologies have their pro's and cons - plasmas have a similar colour rendition to CRT (closer than LCD), they are available in larger sizes, plasmas have a better range of viewing angles, but they can suffer from screen burn and they consume a lot of power, and they are very heavy. LCD's are much lighter, consume less power, and can be brighter than plasmas. You pay your money, and take your choice.

4. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can I ask, as I havn't poked one with dirty fingers, how tough are modern LCDs? Are they still finished in coated fragile whatever it is, or do they now finish them in wipe-able kid proof glass?

5. Leerock

Leerock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no
    they are still fragile as my father s philips 9976 which already has a scratch on it after 2 months use .

6. oh aye

oh aye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I find LCD very bright and from a distance can look better when compared to plasma. On closer inspection the picture can be very smeary with fast movement and doesnt look as natural

7. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    maybe you were looking at an HD (normal for LCD) LCD (1280x720 or 1366x768 etc), and an SD (852x480) plasma?