1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma connectivity to recordable DVD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lemmo, May 9, 2005.

1. lemmo

lemmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Panasonic Plasma package of TV - TH42PE50 and recordable DVD - DMRES10. Whilst connecting these along with a digital cable box I have encountered the following issue: When connecting DVD to TV via Scart to AV the connection is fine; when connecting via RGB to Component the picture is black and white. Any ideas how to resolve so that Component connectivity is in colour ??

2. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you tried changing the output menu on the DVD to match your cables ?

3. bowler

bowler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    According to my Panasonic DVD recorder output options I cannot output RGB and component.

4. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    If the PE50 is anything like the PE30 then the component input shares the same AV setting as the final SCART socket being AV4. You need to set your ES10 to Component output, either video out with component or S-Video out with component (as bowler states the Panny range of DVD Recorders cannot output RGB & Component at the same time).

Once you have set your ES10 to Component out (I prefer S-Video with Component out) you then need to select Component input on your Viera. Press the TV/AV button followed by the blue button to select AV4, you then need to keep pressing the blue button to toggle through the various inputs for AV4 until you select Component input denoted by the on screen display as AV4C (AV4 = composite, AV4S = S-Video & AV4RGB = SCART RGB & is auto selected).

Note: that RGB input via SCART and Component input via the 3 colour RCA connectors are not the same thing and not interchangeable unless you buy a special converter.

Generally, when you get a B&W picture it's because you're attempting to view an S-Video signal via composite or vice-versa, causing the colour information to be lost.

S.