1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma connectivity issues

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Epoman, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Epoman

Epoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I'm in the middle of a major reshuffle of my system and have come accross a few connectivity problems on the video side :blush:

Connections are as follows:

1. DVD: component from screen to amp and then amp to DVD player :)

2. Pace Sky box: Component from amp to JS Tech YUV2RGB converter and then scart to Sky box :)

My plan was to connect a JVC VHS for recording, a Phillips Video sender (to give me Sky in the bedroom) and my Playstation 2 and this is where I'm stuck :(

I cannot get a picture from VHS onto the screen via scart, regardless of whether I connect it via the Sky box or directly to the YUV2RGB converter. Does it need the RF lead (which the plasma dosn't support)? I do get sound however. I can get a picture if I connect the VHS directly to the screen vis S-video, but this dosn't really help as I can't then record Sky and I need the S-video for the amps on screen display :confused:

Similarly, irrespective of whether it is plugged in via the Sky box or directly to the YUV2RGB converter I can only get a blue screen from the PS2 :confused: Sound is OK.

The video sender need will need to connect between Sky and the YUV2RGB converter.

Help please! The job has taken far longer than I told my wife it would and this is now causing major marital disharmony :eek:

I was going to trundle off to Argos to pick up one of those multiple scart boxes. Will this help?

The only other alternative is to move Sky, VHS, video sender and PS2 to another room where I know I can connect them to a CRT screen.

:suicide:

2. Epoman

Epoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    :hiya: anybody?

3. marshallp

marshallp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Did your JS Tech YUV2RGB converter improve the quality of picture from your Sky box?????

4. Epoman

Epoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Can't really answer that mate as I have nothing to compare it against. It comes highly recommended if that helps.