Plasma connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by john R1, Nov 4, 2002.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    am interested in buying a panasonic plasma, what else would i need to buy to connect up my dvd via component & my cable digi box via scart which is how they are wired up at the moment, also once having bought said equipment, is it diffcult to set up, as i have limited knowledge,

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    With the DVD player being connected with component, all you need is a set of component video leads - quite easy. Connecting up the Digibox requires an interface, such as the RGB to Plasma VGA unit. This will connect via SCART from the Digibox, in to the unit, and back out using a VGA (PC Monitor) lead. Simple!

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. TimD

TimD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    John,

Have you ever considered adding an extra switchable RGB SCART input (or 2) to your VGA converter box?

I'm still trying to decide the best way to cable up my system... I can't aford more than one converter box, and if I stick a scart switch in there as well, the amount of spaghetti needed increases.

Cheers,
    Tim

4. sapper

sapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    WEll, Im in a similar situation.

But I have a cunning plan.

Assuming that John's Scart to s video black boxes ( for ~£5.00) will convert 'normal' scart output to S-video, then I shall buy three, for digibox, video and laserdisc, and use my A1 to switch,

Oh WELL BACK TO THE COMPOSITE ROUTE DRATS

Additioanlly I shall purchase an RBG to vga or componment box.

Ultimatly I shall then go ahead and buy an RGB scart to soemthing for my digibox, next year when resources allow (xmas shopping will start soon enough)

ADrian

5. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorry Adrian, you need RGB before my boxes will do anything! Other than giving you a black picture that is!

Video and Laserdiscs are both composite based. Although some laserdiscs did have RGB or S-Video out, this was more of a trick than the raw data being in that format. So, it may be best to give the screen pure composite and let the modern electronics in the screen do the cleaning up.

TimD;
    Sorry, can't comment on new product development. New policy due to too many other companies bringing out imitations.

All the best,

Dr. John Sim.