Plasma Connections

Jimdefruit

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a 42" plasma to replace my old Sony crt.

At present I have a Toshiba RD-XS32SB HDD/DVD video recorder feeding the crt via scart. My sky box connects to the XS32 via scart.

Am I right in thinking that I can just connect the component output if the XS32 to the plasma and everything will be ok?

I also have a second satellite box connected directly to the Sony crt via scart. I presumably would need a scart input to the plasma as well as the component. Is there an input facility for both scart and component.

depends what you go for, but most offer component, scart and vga....will either be included or available as options depending on which screen and which deal. You could run second sky box to vga using an rgb to vga converter such as the JS which is highly regarded. Or if you have an amp you could connect everything via that.

Slightly sidetracking, Iv`e seen "routing the connections through your amp" on a few threads on this forum since i joined about a week ago.
I have a Denon AV2802 receiver, Sky+, sony dvd recorder, all hooked up to my Toshiba 36" crt tv. Just wondering what the benifits of passing signals through a amp would be?, as i have never tried this.
Many thanks

at its simplest it minimises leads to the screen (like using a media box) but some amps also offer upscaling of inputs and improve pq particularly from composite outputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom