plasma connection hell!

vince_vega

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi there, im not very good at explaining things like this but here goes- i have a hitachi 42pd7200 and have connected it up as follows- sony rdrgx3 via component to AV4, sky+ to AV2, vhs to AV1, sony dvd recorder(line 1) to sky+ vcr scart.
my dvd recorder is set to output component and the dvd scart settings are line 1 (video) line 3 input (video/rgb) and line 3 output (s video)
my problem is that i cannot record sky+ onto a blank dvd in RGB.
I am really tearing my hair out on this one. Have i missed out a link in the chain or are my scart settings incorrect? i am sorry if this does not make much sense but i am crap at explaining things like this! any help would be great! :lease:

i have all pannys my dvd wont record if set to component out component is for viewing only set to rgb and you should be able to record sky+ hope this helps.
culp

so its not possible to use component to view dvds and rgb to record from sky +??

thanks, but do i really need to change the scart settings on my dvd recorder every time i want to view and/or record? there has gotta be an easier way to do this!

i mainly leave mine on rgb only i switch to component for a good film i want to watch was you able to record sky+ in rgb mode.
culp

yes i can record sky+ in rgb. it just seems alot of messing about!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom