PLasma Burn

A

abs_pio

JUst bought my pio 435XDE. Have a concern about plasma burn as i've bought the display to replace a TV. My kids watch channels such as CBBIES which have a great big bright log in the corner. Since its a BBC channel there aren't even any adverts to take the damn thing away from time to time.

THe guide from pio says that burn can happen if image displayed for an extended period of time, does anyone have any idea what this is. Has anyone had bad experience with burn.

Anyway I have contacted the BEEB and asked them to consider using logos which change position from time to time or are less bright. See what they say.

MIght be a good idea if more of us contacted them, they may actually do something about it. POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

ON a different note, the screen is absolutely fantastic. Connected up my DENON 1910 with the DVI-D -> HDMI yesterday and the picture just blew me away. Would recommend that people only buy screen with this type of comnnection as the players are getting cheaper and cheaper. The one problem I have is that I can't get any sound when watching on INPUT 3. Got a fully wired SCART connected to INPUT 1. Does anyone know how I get soound for INPUT 3 ie the digital connection. Need to do this until my DENON 1905 AV arrives.

Don't hold your breath for a reply mate. See the following link:
http://logofreetv.org/

Is there an option on the Pio that will crop the TV image just enough to lose the DOG (Digital Originated Graphics)? Would your kids be that fussed about a little picture chop in order to save your gorgeous screen. Eg. my PAnny has 3 zoom options and I used them quite a bit when running my screen in for the first 200 hours or so.

Your reply from the BBC will be along the lines of, "Dear Mr..... thank you for your..... Please use your TV in accordance with your manufacturers instructions..... not our fault, don't blame us..... our research suggests that customers actually want DOG's so they know what channel they're on in this digital age of many channels..... Thank you again, blah blah blah" :rolleyes: :mad:

S.

problem is you would be writing to every SKY channel just about.

Try pressing backup button on SKY remote and it takes the red dots away (until next ad break anyway).

Alternatively , the above suggestion is best (my wife watches MTV etc all the time and their logos dont go away either). She zooms out so that it takes it away as she is not too bothered about losing some of the picture.

Also, HDMI - DVI doesn't carry audio to tv. you need HDMI-HDMI for that.
I use the former and run an optical lead to an amp for 5.1 and DTS sound.

cheers

Put the 435 on Zoom that should lose the logo on the kids channel. You should turn the power save on as well and get those Contrast and brightness levels down at least for the first couple of hundred hours use.

Thanks people. Looks like logos are here to stay. Lets hope some fat a%%e tv exec gets his new screen burnt at home with his own logo :laugh: , i bet things would start to change.

i'm currently running the contrast at 27 and brightness at -7. colour is at -11. hope these are low enough.

if your tv has picture in picture stick another channel in the corner to block it... i would ;)

Has everyone who hates logos taken the trouble to email/write to complain? Yes their reply is fatuous but at least if enough people write they can't then claim viewers want it.

I raised it with my MP since the government funds BBC and the BBC using DOGS is excluding 1/4 of its viewers - the BBC survey found 78% said DOGS would not affect viewing so without the spin that's 22% are affected! Apparently DOGS come under OFCOM so they are next on my list to write to.

I think it also would be worthwhile emailing the big stores that advertise on ITV pointing out that with DOGS, and an expensive plasma, ITV3/4 are never watched and I could be 1/4 of the population. But I've not got around to that. Perhaps we should start a complain about DOGS sticky with all the email addresses to send complaints to?

BTW I think read that you can now get something (AFAIR it was software for TV card in PC) that removes DOGS, but I forget where I read that.

MAW said:
Connect a scart to AV3 as well as the HDMI, and you should get sound.

Thanks mate, i guess i was just being thick on the night didn't realise the the HDMI input and one of the scarts are both labelled AV3.

No worries, it's not obvious, as you can only have 1 at a time enabled for video. Only a careful read of the manual tells you the audio is left connected. I have to read the boring bits for my job, or look pretty stupid. I've got one for you other XDE etc owners. I've got one I can't get audio out of, not by bi directional scart or the phono sockets. Searched manual and menus, no joy. Is it U/S?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom