Plasma burn-in, or faulty panel?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by kevo82, Aug 9, 2013.

1. kevo82

kevo82
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Dancing pixels on faulty panel, or plasma burn in?

After 2.5 years of normal use, my Panasonic 50VT20 plasma has a huge thick vertical stripe of inversed pixels in the upper left corner, down to half of the panel height.

What do you guys think? It's a faulty panel? It doesn't look like a plasma burn-in, because doesn't retains images, just a purple/blue stripe of dancing pixels.

I still have warranty, because the TV had 5 years of warranty.

They could fix it, or exchange the TV, with which other actual Panasonic TV? If I payed 3000$ for the TV, how should I be covered by the warranty?

I posted photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SaNDuTjE

SaNDuTjE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    100% faulty panel.

Contact your dealer, service center or Panasonic and make room for a VT60 :)

3. kevo82

kevo82
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It sounds to good to be true :)

I have a little worry though. The store where I bought the TV from, I think that they don't get their products directly from Panasonic, and they might got my VT20 from the grey market (meaning a retailer from other european country).

I know that they brought it from Germany, (maybe Panasonic Germany), and I had to wait 2 weeks until they delivered it. I really hope the 5 years warranty, was directly from their provider, because normally all TVs have a 2 year warranty...mine has 5 years warranty, and I bought it, almost 3 years ago.

I payed 2300€ (2000£) for it, and on the receipt, it's written the date of purchase, and 60 months warranty.

So, you also think that, from the photos, that is a faulty panel, also known for ST and GT series, covered by warranty...?

Are you sure that they will just replace my TV with a 50VT60, without paying any difference?
    God I hope you are right :D

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  4. SaNDuTjE

SaNDuTjE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Since you have warranty on your screen and there are, i assume, no spare parts available for the VT20 anymore it's cheaper for them to replace it.

But to be really sure contact your dealer first.

5. kevo82

kevo82
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I did. They said that I have to bring them the TV, and they will see what they can do.

I hope they will at least fix it, or even better, replace it with a VT60 :laugh:
    Until now, I've been told that "they can offer to repair, replace or refund minus any 'fair use'."

I hope this will be no issue, and I'll be able to watch US OPEN on a new VT60 this year :laugh:

6. SaNDuTjE

SaNDuTjE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If they've already suggested that and assuming that repairing is no option things will probably work out just fine :)

7. kevo82

kevo82
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks. I hope you'll be right. I'll post the results in a few weeks :smashin:

8. kevo82

kevo82
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I just took the TV back, and they said they will repare it, and in the worst case they will change the panel.

So unfortunately I won't enjoy a VT60. I hope the TV will explode, burn or something, in the next few days :))