Plasma Backlight?

Anyone got any good ideas how i can backlight a plasma please?

Cheers Jmack avsforums is where i got the idea from , havnt seen rope lighting is this easilly obtainable?

J

jmack

ive just looked on maplins site could not find it but will still search
did u look at the bottom link that guy got a nice set up.
i think a rope type lighting would give a better light than the neon strip on each side of the panel

ReTrO

You can get rope light from Homebase most of the year round. they do most colours, though it may be a bit long.

Miniholic

Argos sell, rope lighting, saw it in the catalogue this afternoon, when my girlfriend was looking for some speaker stands. Thankfully I managed to talk her out of the £9.99 ones though! Taking her to a proper shop tomorrow.

RichardH

Standard Member
The Argos stuff seems to be multicoloured and a bit nasty.
Some of the overclocking stores sell it as a case mod, but I guess it would be 12V - quite expensive too!

What about the kitchen cupboard strip lights you get? They seem to have a "warmer" light than neon tubes, and they are fairly low profile, too.....

Im going to try white christmas tree lights! should be easy to hide.

RichardH

Standard Member
I nearly suggested that but thought I'd get laughed at.
Never tried, but can you run them off a dimmer - I don't see why not, as they're normal bulbs at 240V. Might do something similar round our fixed PJ screen....

Im going to wire them to a dimmer switch so i can control them with my rc 5000, will try and post a pic if it works ok.