1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma auto switching to SKY box?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ste_d73, Dec 15, 2004.

1. ste_d73

ste_d73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is the right part to post in or whether I should post in the plasma section......I'll go on anyhow.

My brother has a "TINY 4200" Plasma with component inputs. Eventually these will be attached to a DVD with PAL Prog, but are free at mo.

This screen also has 2 Scarts. At the moment he has it set up as follows.
    SCART 1 ----- ps2
    SCART 2 ------ SKY BOX (amstrad) (not sky +)

Problem is as follows. Whist watching a DVD on the ps2 via SCART 1 the screen automatically switches over to SCART 2 and SKY for no apparent reason.
    Having watched this happen a few times I noticed that it seemed to happen whenever the programme that was on SKY went to an ad break.
    I picked up on this as whenever it switched to SKY from the DVD I was watching the programme sponser's logo was on the screen. You know the sort of thing, the mini ad they throw up between the programme and the ads proper.

It seems that there is a change of signal being received at this point as this screen seems to lose signal for a fraction of a second going in and out of ad breaks. It momentarilly throws up "searching" then seems to find the Sky signal again as the programme restarts.
    I have looked through my brother's SKY menu and seen that on System settings you can set 2SCART CONTROL" to off. I'm hoping this will solve this problem. Any suggestions or opinions. :cool:

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    It prpbably will, but why not just switch the Sky box to standby when you're using the PS2 ?

3. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    agree with Nick about switching the digibox to standby, but also why not connect the PS2 to the VCR scart of the digibox.

4. ste_d73

ste_d73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help....will look at your suggestions.