Plasma As Monitor

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Foxxsake, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Foxxsake

Foxxsake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all - just got a 42inch hyundai plasma and have connected my pc to it via dvi connector , the windows screen etc comes up fine and everything displays perfectly , apart from games which when run - only seem to appear in two thirds of the screen - its as if a whole third of the game cannot be displayed by the graphics card - i have a gforce 4 ti4600 with dvi output , although on friday i will recieve a new pc with a geforce 6 6800 - anyone know if this will run games full screen on a plasma .

Ps tried stretching and shrinking the screen and changing screen modes etc - displays fine in the middle of the screen in 4.3 mode - everything works fine in a 16:9 ratio - except games .

2. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most games ignore the Windows resolution and set their screen resolution independantly. See if your game has an Options->Display menu, or something like it. Then make sure you choose a widescreen mode; I think your plasma's native res is 854x480.
    If the game doesn't support 16:9 modes, you have the option to stretch it to fit your screen. Things will look distorted, but you'll be making the most of your glass. Go to the Windows Control Panel and choose Display. Pick the Settings tab and click Advanced. There should be a tab called GForce4 Ti4600 and somewhere under there, you will find the nView page. There should be an advanced option somewhere called Screen Adjustment. This gives you a list of scaling options like "Monitor Scaling", "Display Card Scaling", "Fixed Aspect Ratio" etc. Experiment with these. One may give you the results you want.

3. spanky2k

spanky2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Some games you can hack so that they use custom resolutions even if their not supported. A good thing to try is to find a settings file, which is often in the game directory and find where the resolution is mentioned and change it to 854x480 or whatever your screen's native resolution is. It varies from game to game and with some its simply impossible but its worth a try!

4. Foxxsake

Foxxsake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys - worked a treat !!! Cheers