1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma as a mirror

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Dave777, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Dave777

Dave777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Here's a fun idea as a break from all this plasma model decision making. Has anyone connected one of these mini cameras (Maplin/Keene/X10 etc) to a plasma on the wall and set it just below it on the mantelpiece. It could even be hidden a bit. Makes a groovyyy mirror (may need to invert the picture or may confuse). I thought of this because my wife has a nice mirror above the fire which is also a good place to put plasma!

2. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave,

Nice idea - I was also wondering about hooking up an external one as a security/ front door cam. Would be cool to get the door bell to switch the input on the plasma to the camera's input channel.

One word of warning - my Pio 433 manual specifically warns not to attach still or nearly still video images to the video inputs (composite, s-vid and component) - such as those from a static cam - for long periods as burn-in becomes a real issue. You're better protected on the VGA/DVI inputs as the plasma takes steps to reduce brightness of the image over time.

What kind of power requirements and output formats do these cams have?

Phil

3. Dave777

Dave777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Try
    maplin.co.uk

I haven't looked specifically but they are pretty good on specs normally.