1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma and screen-burn

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 7MAT, Sep 25, 2003.

1. 7MAT

7MAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The other morning my daughter wanted to watch Monster Inc for the 100th time. After the movie finished the menu screen for the DVD popped up and stayed there.

After about 20mins I switched it off, to find that the image was still on the screen, but very faint. I believe this is called screen-burn.

Switched the plasma over to SKY for a bit and then I switched back it had disappeared.

My question is how carefull do I need to be?

Should we all be worried about channel logos and red dots on SKY+?

I have also heard that there is an engineer DVD, which flashes bright colours to repair screens with screen-burn? Are these available anywhere?

7MAT

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Forget repair. What you saw was just after image. I've known it be bad enough to last 2 weeks!! It's gone now though, I got it in the exact same way you did. If you've really cooked it there's no going back..... Just ordinary caution is sufficient. Turn the conrast down a bit, never let the red dot hang around, don't watch the same channel with a logo for all day, and turn it off when the dvd is finished. Don't get paranoid, it's not that easy to ruin one.

3. adesonic

adesonic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check some of the other (numerous) threads on here about this, it really is nothing to worry about. I have a" budget" plasma and use it as a pc monitor (lots of static images) as well as a TV and for viewing dvd's, I have never had a problem in 7 months of use