1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma and PS2 ok?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AGroucutt, Jan 2, 2005.

1. AGroucutt

AGroucutt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it ok to play PS2 on plasma screens its just i did and it seemed ok but on fifa 2004 the outakes that go accross the screen in beetween games looked distorted etc.

Does playing PS2 cause any damage to plasmas?

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I've used a PS2 and XBOX with my plasma without problems and can't say I've noticed the problem you've had although I don't have FIFA 2004. As long as don't leave static images on the screen for hours at a time, you'll be OK.

HTH

John

3. bakero

bakero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you help with the connections for an X-Box or PS2 into the PWD6? I want the ability of picture in picture, so will have to use the internal VGA rather than my component board.

So I think I need a cable from the console to pins 1/2/3 of the PC In 15 pin connector. Is this right, and can this be done directly or will I need something to convert in the middle ?

Thanks

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    can be done directly as PW6 will accpet YUV via internal VGA (not sure of any off the shelf cables exist so may need to homebrew) but search around and ask in gaming forum