1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma after image/burn in

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by oanyego, Apr 22, 2005.

1. oanyego

oanyego
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi just got a panasonic pw7, everything is great but i have a couleof queries.

1. i was watching bbc 4 last night and it has a logo on topleft corner, is this going to cause after image etc. i noticed it was a translucent logo, so the logo changed slightly with the background image but should i still be concerned. What other stations have logos on display that could cause burn in?

2. I asked this yesterday but there seems to be some conflicting responses in previous threads, the plasma tv is new and i want to watch widescreen 16:9 movies/dvds on it, should i be concerned that the horizontal black bars above and below could cause burn in, in the early stages of the plasmas life?
    Or is it a case of using the tv sensibly and say watching no more than one film every 8 hrs or so in this format?

any help much appreciated.

2. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +543
    same answer i gave you yesterday.

enjoy the screen fella, stop worrying about screen burn...

keep it out of dynamic mode and for the first 200 hours keep the contrast and brightness at a low level.

There screens are designed to be on for hours on end. And 16:9 will be fine. thats all i have mine in and i have never had any problems.

Infact try and find a post where someones pana has had screen burn. i couldnt find one.

Dal

3. oanyego

oanyego
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate, sorry but i read in another thread that 16:9 was as harmful as 4:3. I have it set on cinema then i dropped contrast and brightness a touch, it still looks great to me. Thanks for the nod yesterday on the wobble/screensaver menu, sorted it last night. :smashin:

4. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +543
    it will be harmfull on 4:3 or 16:9 if you crank the brightness and contrast up to MAX and have it on dynamic and leave a still picture on it for hours on end.

From what u say u have yours setup the same as mine - enjoy!

Dal

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    On normal / average viewing, as long as your contrast and brightness are at the right levels you really should not have any problems at all. The newer Panasonics are very image/screen burn resistant anyway but normal vieing really should not present you with any problems. Like W3DAL says static images on high contrast for hours and hurs on end ,may be the only thing that will cause a problem. :)