1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma Advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by daz1976, Aug 12, 2005.

1. daz1976

daz1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi All

My story.
    After getting a Panasonic 37PE30 from Hughes electrical (Display stock and no boxed ones in company) I discovered BBC News 24 logo burned in the screen. The tv did arrive to me on full contrast setting. Hughes have been great though now I have a small dilemma. After doing some research and consulting the all mighty power that exists in many households "the other half" I decided on a 32" LCD, the Hitachi 32LD7200 which seems to be getting great reviews and the chaps over on the LCD forum rate it very highly. So went in Hughes today as they are waiting on order and told me would be over a month before they get them in. So took a look at the Hitachi C32PD5200 plasma.
    My dilemma is: I would like HD compatibility after reading much about it and PS3, Xbox 360 etc. Am worried about screen burn although know that it is an overrated problem if you are sensible. So any opinions would be of great help on the Hitachi plasma as its at a good price also.

Cheers

Daz

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Daz...have a look at this link ( which is also posted elswhere so u might have seen it already http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p.../273087528Pioneer DTV White Paper - FINAL.pdf unfortunately if u want to go HD all the decent sets carry the price tag to go with it...Ive heard some good things about Hitachi Tvs although I cant comment on the set u have ordered cos Ive never used one....the only other route if u r worried about screen burn is a HD LCD such as Panasonics TX-32LXD500 ... but again cost goes up and u are on your way to a HD Plasma set for the price

3. daz1976

daz1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks Lionheart, just found the link you posted on another thread and made interesting reading. Waiting for Hitachi LCD at mo but still deliberating and thank heavens Hughes have said if I change my mind no probs.

Cheers

Daz