1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma advice required.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pulsar, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Hello guys.

I am looking to get myself a nice plasma screen, and could do with some advice. I will be moving from a Sony HS10 projector, and so already have some knowledge regarding resolutions and HDTV etc. I plan to use my HTPC to feed the screen a 1:1 resolution for both DVD, and de-interlaced sky pictures. Therefore, the screen doesn't need to have any other connection than DVI or HD15.

OK, so I know at the moment there are two main camps of plasma screens, SD 852*480 or HD 1024*768 ones. (Please correct me if I am wrong) I have used some HDTV material on my HS10, and would like the capability on the plasma, but I don't want to pay the earth. The two screens that have caught my eye are the Panny PW6, and Pioneer 434HDE. I have seen the great av-sales price on the panny of about £1800 with stand, and have seen the Pioneer for a tad over £3k.

Now, coming from a LCD projector, I want good black level in whatever plasma I buy. I could also do without spending £3k at the moment, but if I have to, I have to. :suicide: So, what should I do? I am sure there are other great plasma displays out there, that I should be looking at, so that is why I have typed out this post.

Please help me!

Cheers in advance.

Rob

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    panasonic have the best black levels out of all the plasmas.