1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma advice, please?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by janmolby, Mar 30, 2004.

1. janmolby

janmolby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Guys

Not new to the forums but have only just registered as I need to ask those of u in the know a question:

I currently have a Yamaha RXV640 receiver, Panny DMR50 DVD recorder, Sky+, Mission 501 Fronts and MS Center and rears, all perched on a lovely all black Sounstyle Status stand. Very happy with the setup except for the dirty 28” Hitachi CRT, which is currently there too.

I’m after a 37”(ish) Plasma. Preferably black. I currently use my Sky+ box as a tuner and pump the sound through the receiver, so I guess (but don’t know) that I won’t need a Plasma with tuner and speakers.

What would you guys suggest, and have I made any assumptions I shouldn’t?

Thanks, in advance, for all your help!

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I know of a source of black surround Panasonic PW5 37" if of any interest. Could do a good price too, but this isn't really the place for me to start the hard sell. I like them, and there are few 37" monitor plasmas in black, but let's have a few more options. Sharp LCD monitor?

3. janmolby

janmolby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks MAW. I heard that the PW5 was a step back compared to the PW4 and this is making me think I should go for a PW6. Although I don’t know if they do one in 37”.

Anyone else, got any ideas? Please?

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    That's the problem, they don't do a PW6, and as to a step back, well higher contrast, better blacks, doesn't sound that much backwards. It's true it was an interim step between PW4 and PW6, used same video cards as 4, but glass much more like 6. there were certain difficulties, but it hasn't stopped thousands of people being very happy with their PW5's