Plasma advice needed...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gunn0r, Oct 29, 2005.

1. gunn0r

gunn0r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much holding off, I have decided to upgrade my setup from my rather mundane 28" LG CRT to a nice shiny 42" plasma. :thumbsup:

I have spend the last few days reading through the posts on here and what started off as a simple purchase has turned into a quest for knowledge, opinions and reviews.

I have about £1500 to spend and would like a 42" plasma. It will not need to be wall mounted just yet, but possibly in the future. I currently have Sky+, my Pioneer (DVD-S75) DVD player, my Sony amp and surround sound kit and about 3 consoles that will need to connect to the Plasma. I would also like to be able to view my shuttle PC on the display to watch AVI/DIV X when I need to (although I can do that through my XBox the XBMC).

I would really like a Hi Def plasma for my budget, but appreciate I could get a better picture at the moment if I just got a std defination one. I just would like to be able to plug in my Xbox 360 and use Sky's hd content when it is released.

What would you good folk reccommend as I would ideally like to get one tomorrow?

I have seen that there is a Samsung Plamsa that does HiDef for around my budget and have also seen a LG one (I think). Are either of these good?

Also, as I am impatent, where are the best stores to pick these up from? I hve all of the usual suspects close by (JL, Currys, Comet, Costco, Richer Sounds), so ideally would be able to collect it for a competitive price tomorrow. (I don't want much do I :rolleyes: ).

And comments, advice or feedback gratefully recieved!! :lease:

2. Badger0-0

Badger0-0
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,923
    Do a search :smashin:

Panasonic panel or Hitachi 6600.
    First has add-ons, but not HD, second is all in one and HD.

3. gunn0r

gunn0r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply Badger, I forgot about the Hitachi. I have done numerious searches, but, as with all things, there are good and bad comments and some of the posts were a few months out of date.

4. Badger0-0

Badger0-0
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,923
    :thumbsup:

They still apply mate :smashin:

Welcome to the world of AV forums.
    IMO, slightly biased to Panny, but read everything and go see them yourself :smashin: