1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plasma advice budget £1000 is this one any good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mickymcd, Sep 28, 2005.

1. mickymcd

mickymcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Right i have a budget of £1000 i was waying up wether to get the hdready tv 32" lcd sammy but im swaying towards a 42" plasma basically i want a bigger tv than my 32" crt at the moment.And ive had a 42" dlp for a while until it went faulty and i got a refund (bad experience).
    Ill be using tv for 70% tv 20% dvd 10% xbox and xbox360 which ive preorderd the following tv has caught my eye http://www.misco.co.uk/productinformation/~102321~WW~/index.htm
    ive looked at reviews which are fairly good off people who have purchased this set off ebuyer.It comes with a 2year warranty and i have spoke to repairtech who promise me they dont see many faulty at all etc.I will never have sky as i detest them so it will be ntl or freeview ill be watching i see the set is not hd ready but hd compatible so xbox 360 will still look good through it but most hd ready plasma ive seen are £1500+ can anyone give me sound advice on this thanks. :lease:

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I was looking at some reviews of that as I was initially going to grab one, but quite alot of the reveiws i've seen said it wasn't very good at all

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
  4. dickst3

dickst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I just bought a PWD7 from Richer Sounds for £999 and couldn't be happier. You'll need a tuner though.

5. mickymcd

mickymcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    i dont think its the same unit as specs different and the hyundai has 2 tuners were as the skymedia just lists one tuner is there any online reviews on these sets at all? thanks :thumbsup: