1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plasma advice 1500-2000 range

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jonbd, Sep 1, 2005.

1. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Well, last night a lightning storm fried my Techwood plasma before the missus had a chance to unplug it, so looks like i'm looking for a new TV! Haven't been keeping up to date with whats good or not, so can anyone recommend a good plasma (or lcd i guess, not sure what they are like these days?) in the £1500-£2000 range? I need a dvi input for my PC, a vga input for the xbox360 i've got on preorder (although i guess it can do component as well) and maybe hdmi for skyHD (if you can get hdmi in my budget)? I'll be running stuff mainly in 720p res on my PC so something that does that well would be my main aim. Any help would be greatly recieved!!

cheers

jon

2. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    :devil: Did it blow up or something equally spectacular

Panasonic PV500, HD8
    Pioneer 435 or 436

3. UKseless1

UKseless1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Unlucky Jon

Scarty, doubt any of those would come in under Jon's budget. It's more in line with the new Hitachi 6600 (supposedly HD Ready), Panny PWD8 (SD screen but HD Compatible) and the Samsung HD model.

I can only vouch for the PWD8 myself but you'll need more advice from some of the more experienced people on the forum to help you determine what the best model might be taking into account connection to PC and Xbox.

4. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    cheers for that guys! didn't blow up, just died, so i didn't even get a mini fireworks display out of it!!