Plasma Accelerated Bed-in

shyam152007

Novice Member
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be safe for me to leave the plasma on full-screen visualisation while listening to music on the 360...I've left the aspect ratio on 'Zoom 1' mode as there's a 1cm black horizontal bar that remains at the top of the screen in 16:9/Auto Aspect Ratios.

Anyways, would the bed-in time shorten if i were to do this whilst cranking up the contrast to dynamic/full and the brightness to full aswell? Or would this do more harm than good - bare in mind that with full-screen visualisation, there is a constant moving pattern of colours which changes/moves apporx. every ~ >5 seconds - so logically there would be no burn-in/retention :confused:?

Thanks

markrl

Novice Member
Hi,

Anyways, would the bed-in time shorten if i were to do this whilst cranking up the contrast to dynamic/full and the brightness to full aswell? Or would this do more harm than good - bare in mind that with full-screen visualisation, there is a constant moving pattern of colours which changes/moves apporx. every ~ >5 seconds - so logically there would be no burn-in/retention :confused:?

Thanks
What music you going to be listening to? "Burn baby burn" :rotfl: With those maxed out settings your asking for trouble.

Keep the contrast and brightness on moderate settings in Movie mode. Stay away from Dynamic :thumbsup:

Last edited:

shyam152007

Novice Member
What music you going to be listening to? "Burn baby burn" :rotfl: With those maxed out settings your asking for trouble.

Keep the contrast and brightness on moderate settings in Movie mode. Stay away from Dynamic :thumbsup:
If you must know, Muse and System of a Down mainly ;)

I have it on normal mode at the moment - with the contrast on zero and brightness on zero (as low as the bar will go).

I changed it to 30% contrast and brightness for about 10 seconds and got image retention :rolleyes: (the xbox blades). It wouldn't go away for atleast 2 minutes of viewing a moving picture :(

MINANTRA

Novice Member
Bedding-in is not needed for modern tvs of today!
I also thought I had to do it when I bought my new 42PX80 especially after reading the threads on this site, but having called Panasonic and What Hi-Fi, I was told not to worry and just use my tv however I want to.

Bedding-in and re-gassing was something that ppl had to do years ago as plasmas were new tech, so perhaps if you are spending £500+ you want to think you are 'looking after' your investment in a kind of placebo way, but you really dont have to!

I have it on normal mode at the moment - with the contrast on zero and brightness on zero (as low as the bar will go).
OMG how can you enjoy your tv like that! I personally couldnt wait 200hrs+ to watch everything on low contrast and cinema mode, so hence the reason I called Panasonic.

Anyway, enjoy your tv.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Brooktop

Set it to 'cinema' and 50% brightness and contrast. It will give a natural looking pic without any burn risk. Just be sensible with black bars and static logos. Panasonics are generally regarded as less susceptible than other screens....Image retention is a minor annoyance that goes, burn is more serious and DOES exist, but not if you're sensible.

Joey2oo8

Novice Member
Bedding-in is not needed for modern tvs of today!
I also thought I had to do it when I bought my new 42PX80 especially after reading the threads on this site, but having called Panasonic and What Hi-Fi, I was told not to worry and just use my tv however I want to.

Bedding-in and re-gassing was something that ppl had to do years ago as plasmas were new tech, so perhaps if you are spending £500+ you want to think you are 'looking after' your investment in a kind of placebo way, but you really dont have to!

OMG how can you enjoy your tv like that! I personally couldnt wait 200hrs+ to watch everything on low contrast and cinema mode, so hence the reason I called Panasonic.

Anyway, enjoy your tv.

Cheers.
So you know your stuff then....:rolleyes:

MINANTRA

Novice Member
In home environments, the material displayed on the plasma is constantly changing (i.e. the screen is showing moving video rather than fixed slides such as in a commercial environments), so plasmas are becoming more resistant to burn especially Panasonic tv's than they were 5 years ago.

It has got to such a point where you can almost forget about burn-in altogether, but like I have said in previous posts, dont take my word for it, call Panasonic, for clarification.

I'm amazed ppl would rather take the advice on threads as 'gospel' rather than check with the manufacturer!

Cheers.

swift1

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom