Planning new home theatre build

Hello and a happy new year!

I am currently in a quite interesting situation. I am currently building a new house. Haven't gotten any far yet, but the structure around the outside walls and roof are atleast on. Sucks a bit living in the northern part of the world, have been shoving snow from my kitchen a few days in a row now :p. "Dammit jackie i can't control the weather".

I do have a small home theatre setup now, but i want a fresh start. I have a sh*tty LG 4k LCD TV, god damn that LCD stuff is bad. Especially since it's in a basement which is really dark. Another feuture of living in the north, almost no sun at this time of the year :p. Watching movies with dark scene gets a grey lines all over the Tv which comes from the baaaaaad backlight dimming. I am 100000% sure that i am going OLED this time. I have been seeing the LG G series down to some pretty nice prices the last week. 65" for about 2200 euro, which is very cheap where i live. I am quite satisfied with my samsung HT-7500 (HT-H7500WM 5 Speaker Smart 3D Blu-ray & DVD Home Theatre System | Samsung Support UK) system. But i want to change this one out aswell. I do not stream any content at all, usually i buy the real 4K bluray, so sound is never compressed. Netflix audio etc is such a bummer compared with the non compressed TRUEHD on the bluray disc. Night and day different if you ask me. Well enough of the back story and now to the real question.

I have two different routes:

1) I could just go with a soundbar, sonos arc+sub+rear speakers. Samsung soundbar etc.
2) I have been checking around at denon recievers. Seems like i can get a decent setup if i buy some dali speakers from the used market.

Since this is a new house, i do not have any walls up yet, so i can drag all the god damn cables i want. I have been wondering if Atmos build is worth it? The prices on the 9.1.4 Denon reciever, is not cheap however. Since if i want atmos i do feel like going for the 4 speakers in the roof. Also i am looking at ways to hide the rear speakers, since the kitchen and livingroom is an open solution, i do not have a wall behind the couch, which would be nice to "hide" the speakers. The red line on sketch is most likely where the coach would be. This is just an sketch from the architect regarding furniute.

Let's say i have a budget about 2000 euro +/-. What should i go for? are there any new products coming in 2022 that i should be looking at?

Attachments

• utkast.png
    utkast.png
    481.4 KB · Views: 44

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
I have two different routes:

1) I could just go with a soundbar, sonos arc+sub+rear speakers. Samsung soundbar etc.
2) I have been checking around at denon recievers. Seems like i can get a decent setup if i buy some dali speakers from the used market.

Since this is a new house, i do not have any walls up yet, so i can drag all the god damn cables i want. I have been wondering if Atmos build is worth it? The prices on the 9.1.4 Denon reciever, is not cheap however. Since if i want atmos i do feel like going for the 4 speakers in the roof.
You can go 4 atmos, but you don't need to have 9 base channels, you can go 7.1.4. If you're prepared to go second hand, that's not expensive.

Let's say i have a budget about 2000 euro +/-. What should i go for? are there any new products coming in 2022 that i should be looking at?
With a modest budget, I'd definitely consider used, as the money will go a lot further.

If you don't have a separate power amp, it would be handy to have speakers which are easy to drive, so look out for ones with high sensitivity.

mazon27091

The rears will be okay if you put them on the wall where the red line touches the wall and opposite near the circular thing outside of room BOD 9.6 (unknown use) You'd need to aim them towards the seating area.

Definitely put four atmos/height speakers in while you have the walls down, otherwise, you'll regret it.

Hello and thanks for inputs. I have been researching a bit and i think i have found a decent solution.

a reciever which does 5.1.4 will be to expensive to justify for my needs. It's also going in the livingroom with only 1 couch as a sitting group, so i feel like there is no need for front ceiling atmos speakers. Would be nice, but i can run the cables atleast, maybe in the future.

For the reciever i think i will go for the Denon s760h. It can do 5.1.2, but for the price it seems like a nobrainer. The next step up is the Denon x3700 which is very expensive, and finding a used one with the fixed HDMI 2.1 chip will be impossible.

Denon reciever - > 700 euro. Norway has a bit more expensive prices, but we then recieve 5 years warranty by law on all electronics. TV, phones, computers etc.

Center speaker - > Argon (hifi klubben brand, biggest audio reseller in Norway) 100 euro

Front in wall speakers -> Argon 340 euro

Rear speakers ->Argon 160 euro

Sub -> Argon 10" subwoofer -> 360 euro

Top rear speakers (atmos) -> dali phantom e50 - 300 euro

Total of 1960 euro. Everything brand new with 5 years warranty. Cables comes etxra of course.

for those who want a bit back story behind Argon audio:

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
For the reciever i think i will go for the Denon s760h. It can do 5.1.2, but for the price it seems like a nobrainer. The next step up is the Denon x3700 which is very expensive, and finding a used one with the fixed HDMI 2.1 chip will be impossible.
5.1.2 is fine. The Denon 3700 may be expensive, but an older 3600 would be a good buy.

Total of 1960 euro. Everything brand new with 5 years warranty. Cables comes etxra of course.
Sounds good :)

(I don't know the speakers, so can't comment)

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom